Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:02:48 PM

Author Topic: editing Gcode  (Read 3566 times)

editing Gcode
« on: May 22, 2008, 04:46:20 AM »
Just wondering if any knows if i can edit the g code on mach to suit master cam output. I know it can be done on master cam but thought it may be easier doing it here.

For example master cam outputs g3 as circular interpolation and mach has is it as helical interpolation.

Thanks guys

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
Re: editing Gcode
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 02:21:03 PM »
If you open the G-code file under edit on the main screen and hit the find and change all put in find G3 and replace with G2 and it will change all of the lines in the code
that have the G3 in it to G2 then save the code and exit and it will load the file back to Mach3...
    I dont know mastercam codes so you will have to check to see if there are any other files that go with the G3 in mastercam to change..
That will only change the G3 to what you want , And also I am not sure if the G2 is the correct code you are looking for ..So try it out and run without
the motors engaged before you cut .
My 2 nickles worth (inflation)
Gary

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »
Also is there a post processor  for Masercam in the file section?
That would post the correct code..
Gary
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »
yes there is it is a lot easier to do on ver 9, then on x though. if you tell me which ver you running i may be able to tell you where to look.

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 03:37:02 PM »
I dont need one I use Bob Cad, must have worded that wrong..I had an old version of mastercam and loved it but was from a business so I only got to use it
so often..
Gary