Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:07:33 PM

Author Topic: Just curious with FRO and the G100  (Read 5128 times)

Just curious with FRO and the G100
« on: May 21, 2008, 03:55:32 AM »
Is anyone using feed rate over ride (FRO) with the G100 and is it working

I know the setup guide states....`They work very well for a number of things but my favorites are FRO
(feed rate override) and SRO (spin rate override). To get full use of analogs.........etc etc

I have attached an example macro pump that I use for my FRO.............etc etc

And then at the end of the SAME  manual........Known Issues
                                                                              9/19/07 FRO does not work as it should.

9/19/07 FRO does not work as it should..........(so it does something else does it????) maybe we should call it RFO   ie   REALLY F...ed off

Question ....Does it work or dosent it?????

Whatda?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Just curious with FRO and the G100
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »
And then at the end of the SAME  manual........Known Issues
                                                                              9/19/07 FRO does not work as it should.

Yup, and here is another sentence out of that same manual.

I recommend you look over the manual in its entirety and get familiar with it before you begin.

That's on page 4.   ;)

At the time the manual was written FRO only controlled the slider but it wouldn't control the feed rate. There was hopes that would be working at some point but as like many other things in the G100, I doubt it ever will. Your time would be better spent on the Smooth Stepper I think.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:14:57 PM »
Its funny you say ..time better spent on the smooth stepper....

Yes ,well I have. And thats why I am back with the G100,as it has more of the same problems.

Whatda?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 07:56:03 PM »
Its funny you say ..time better spent on the smooth stepper....

Yes ,well I have. And that's why I am back with the G100,as it has more of the same problems.

Whatda?

I know there are still a few bugs in the Smooth Stepper but there is a big difference between the 2. The SS is still in its infancy, already more stable than the G100 and still being developed at an insane rate. I have no doubts any small bugs with the SS will be fixed ASAP.  I know Greg (the developer of the SS) and you would not believe his level of dedication,determination and drive. The G100 on the other hand is ancient and all parties have openly said development is finished on it. It is, as you have it now, as good as it will ever be. Riding on the bleeding edge isn't painless.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 06:24:44 AM »
I recommend you look over the manual in its entirety and get familiar with it before you begin

YES ,then what ,go back over the manual and cross out what dosnt work!

Sorry mate ,that dosnt make sense,
Read the manual ,have it tell you that FRO is great bla bla bla ,and then at the end of the manual `know issues`fro dosnt work???

AND mach will mow you`re lawn....
Know issues ......Mach and mowing lawns...OH?

Why write that comment . !!!   

QUOTEAt the time the manual was written FRO only controlled the slider but it wouldn't control the feed rate

THEN WHY  WRITE THIS !!!@!

Also I am sorry but I would have to disagree, I am using the G100 now , and far better,still with the known problems.
But at least I am  cutting parts that dont get thrown in the bin!

I do agree from what I have read that Greg has worked very hard and contines to do so on the SS project ....KEEP going!!!!
AND Mach software is excellent ,but when will....   whoever ......stops trying to get MACH to interface with every controller/board ,
why not get one working,with no problems be happy and ask for more money .I am sure people will pay.I Will!!!

Anyway .......having  searched through the third party stuff (controllers) NCPOD,GALIL etc etc I didnt really come across any boards// controllers that anyone was completely happy with and  worked 100% with Mach,
ie`No sorry this doesn't work just yet ,no if you want that I would stear clear of that board` etc etc
if this is incorrect ,   can you point me in the direction,please of a board that works.

Whatda