Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 11:53:41 AM

Author Topic: Problems with Depth in Lazycam  (Read 6873 times)

Problems with Depth in Lazycam
« on: May 15, 2008, 05:13:04 AM »
I am using LazyCam 3.00.2 and I have a Mach3 licence.

I am loading a simple .dxf into Lazycam and need to make a multipass cut (4.5 mm at .5mm per pass) in a single layer.
I have a tool set to .5mm cut per pass.

I have used the layer tab to set safe Z height, cut start and cut depth. My Gcode post is not consistent however.

Having set Z safe at 1mm, cut start at 0, cut depth at 4.5 the Gcode generated correctly except that the first cut was -1mm rather than .5mm.
I then changed the Safe Z to .125mm and regenerated - there was no change - safe z was still 1 and first cut at -1mm.
I changed Safe Z to 6mm. and regenerated Gcode. Code now was single pass but at 6mm.
I changed cut depth to -4.5mm. Code now was single pass with safe Z 0.1mm and pass at 6mm.

I have also noted during this process odd numbers appearing in the Entity screen showing for instance that max Z for the chain is 1mm while the max Z for each entity in the chain shows as 0.

I also tried using the Set Depth command with the whole chain selected. This would on occasions overwrite the Cut Depth in the Layer tab but seemed to have no consistent effect on the Gcode generated.

I am confused. I am hoping that someone can point out the obvious thing I am missing here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Depth in Lazycam
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »
Hi, Wasi

On the left select Project, Then click on folder/layers containing your chain's, The bottom window will change to Layers view, You should see Cut Depth value there, If it's incorrect change it and click on Set Layer, Should do it, Don't forget the minus sign " - ".

Also have you set the Tool Per Pass in tool setup and saved changes and selected the Tool ?

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 05:01:58 PM »
Thanks Chip for your fast reply.

I tried to do as you suggested but was still getting odd results. I have now re-installed Lazycam and it seems to be working.

Many thanks again
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »
I had a similar problem and fixed it by creating a new tool, then applying that to the layers