Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:31:45 AM

Author Topic: index plans  (Read 3452 times)

index plans
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:27:11 AM »
Hi
I got the lathe working very well.
(Just switched it over from Turbo)
The indexer I was using with Turbo does not want to work
in Mach 3 Turn

Does anyone have a drawing/plans list of materials etc on
what I would need to build one.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: index plans
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:18:09 PM »
Heres what I use ,
 A slotted disc, (slot 10mm wide, disc 100mm dia) a 220 Ohm resistor, an optical switch and some shielded wire. The optical switch I use is OPB917B, see attached PDF.
 You need a 5v supply from your breakout or computer, take the +5v direct to the Vcc (white ) and also through the resisitor to the Anode (Red) . Connect the Cathode (Black)  and Ground (Green) to your supplys 0v and finally connect the Output (Blue ) to an input to the computer and configure as the Index.
Hood

On a second read I am wondering whether you are actually meaning the Index pulse or whether you are meaning an Indexing Axis?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 01:20:50 PM by Hood »
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:42:49 PM »
Hi
Thanks Hood
I got my original indexer working
Seems there was nothing wrong with it, just that I
did not specifiy the right port
I just had to put in the number 1 instead of zero
(one of those days)
I down loaded your replay and printed it off for future reference
thanks
eddie
ps Are u the "hood" who I sent info to on the Tos lathe ?
    UK?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »
Yes, the same.
 I didnt end up getting the Lathe, guy kept stalling then gave me a date I could get it picked up, but the day the haulage company were to pick it up he sent me a mail to say he wouldnt be able to lift it. Eventually I got a phone number out of him and I passed it to the haulage company so that they could arrange a date but after many attempts it was abondoned. I never got my money back but it wasnt a lot, if I am ever down that way though I am sure I will pay him a visit to express my gratitude for such a good deal :D
  I ended up getting a Colchester Triumph, wish I hadnt as its not a patch on what the TOS would have been and its noisy as hell, pretty accurate but you need ear plugs when using it LOL.
 I now also have a Churchill Computurn  290 CNC Lathe which I have retrofitted with Mach and its great, its a solid lump like the TOS but bigger. Then again its no surprise as its basically a Tarnow Lathe from Poland so its got the ruggedness of the Eastern Block machinery.

I still have the manual here and I really appreciate you doing the copying for me, hopefully one day I will either get a TOS or maybe be able to pass a copy onto someone who needs it.

Hood