Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:14:47 PM

Author Topic: mach3 crashes  (Read 6632 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: mach3 crashes
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 08:10:33 AM »
Depends on how you define "support". They'll still try to help you, but they are no longer updating the software. The reason is that it's practically impossible to fix any current bugs, without introducing new ones. Which is the reason that Mach4 is a complete rewrite from the ground up.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 08:54:12 AM »
Depends on how you define "support". They'll still try to help you, but they are no longer updating the software. The reason is that it's practically impossible to fix any current bugs, without introducing new ones. Which is the reason that Mach4 is a complete rewrite from the ground up.

That makes more sense now

thanks for the info
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 12:41:43 PM »
I'm not sure who is doing the marketing plan at ArtSoft or if they even have one. Mach 4 is far from a usable consumer product as it stands right now. ArtSoft releases a half developed Mach 4 and expects the consumer to pay $200 for the privilege of debugging it and hours of frustration trying to get it to run. From what I can see CV functions aren't working yet? I'm all for a better Mach 3 but ArtSoft needs to rethink how they do business. Companies like UCCNC have software that is light years ahead of Mach 4 especially for CV control. Problem is plug-in support is very limited and you are tied to UCCNC's USB controller. 

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 01:02:09 PM »
geh7552,

Your reply  made me recall a true fact of life saying which is something like:

"Nothing stands still, it either moves forward or withers and dies, so it is in life, get used to it!"

RICH