Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:52:04 PM

Author Topic: LPT2 input pin problem  (Read 3839 times)

LPT2 input pin problem
« on: May 07, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
Hello,
I am trying to play a little with pendant, but have noticed a problem with second port. I set up pins #2-9 as inputs, but pins #4,5 and 10 doesn't change state (Mach doesn't see the change). Has anyone experienced similar problem?

Cheers

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: LPT2 input pin problem
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 12:28:11 PM »
Are you saying that all the rest of the pins will act as input??

I assume your board can be configured as inputs or outputs, so the only thing to do is test it - i.e. using Configue/Ports and pins to allocate each pin in turn to a switch input (one of your limits or your spindle counter) and manually test that input on the Diagnostic page - a bit of a bind perhaps but that is the only way.

If you are saying that these are the only pins you have tried, and they don't work, then some older (or cheaper) boards, just emulated the standard LPT1 inputs - and pins 2 - 9 could not be changed. This does not explain pin 10 however, which is shown on my diagrams as an input on pin 6 on address &H279 - LPT2
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I have PCI2LPT card and all other pins are working properly. I was looking at the diagnostic page and trying to switch input pins to the gnd directly (18-25). I could clearly see the changes for all other pins, expect for #4,5 and 10. I am little confused, as I can measure the change at the pin (0 or 5V), but Mach doesn't see it.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 05:04:16 AM »
Unfortunately I can't find any information on the PCI2LPT - so I can only suggest it may be faulty. However - the thing to check is the cable - always a good start. The only other way I can suggest is come out of Mach and Peek and Poke to the addresses and see if you get a reaction. If it is in the LPT2 slot (as it's name suggests - the addresses are &h278 (8 bits), 279 (bits 3 - 7)  and 27A (bits 0 - 4).

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.