Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:26:24 AM

Author Topic: error in drill wizard?  (Read 7423 times)

error in drill wizard?
« on: May 06, 2008, 04:01:20 PM »
When i try to use the drill circular boltpattern i get always " error on line 27" type mismatch,running  the debug (F7)with next line :
IF Z=0 then...
here i got an error ,but Z=0.5 ,What do i wrong?

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: error in drill wizard?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »
I ahev just tried running this with 6 and 5 holes - and it worked.

I admit that this is on my office machine - not the workshop one, but no problems here.

I enclose the two files from my add-on folder for this. Try them in place of the ones you have.
The third file is the bit maps, which shouldn't affect the running of it.

In both cases knock the XML extension off before you use them.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 03:53:32 PM »
Thanks,I replace the files and remove the xml extensions ,but i got the same error.I post the question also on cnczone.nl  and other people
have the same error.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »
can you post a screenshot to show what digits you are putting in the DROs to get the error as I to have tried this wizard and it works fine for me.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 04:29:50 PM »
I hope that the photo is clear .Also inputting a negatief number for setting the depth works not good.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 04:36:19 PM by ludo »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »
Tried these settings and they work fine for me.
Can you open the wizard and then go to the operator menu and choose Edit Button Script. The Post Code button should be flashing, clcik on it and then copy and paste whats in it and I will compare to mine.

Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 02:23:24 AM »
I can go in the editor ,can use copy ,but not paste the file in the post.Now I use save as ,"HIDDENSCRIPT_LUDO.M1S".Maybe is this usefull

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 04:21:18 AM »
The only time I can get that error is when entering depths 0f 0.004 or less. I have tried with the machine in inches and working in mm, mm - mm, mm - inches and inches - inches. It is all the same.

The formatting must ignore  4 thous or less. Over 4 thou to 8 thou the formatting interprets this as 0.01. I cannot get the DRO to accept 0.009 - and from 0.01 onward it seems OK.

Reading the formatting instructions, this seems to indicate that Z has two numbers to the right of the decimal place. If more numbers are entered, then the formatting rounds up (or down) to two decimal places - which seems to be in line with my results above

You do not need to put a negative number in the hole depth - the formatting changes the number to a negative number anyway. Just enter the depth you want. If you are in inches - then 1.5, 2.75 etc - to 2 decimal places. If you are metric then 5mm is 5.0 etc. - also to 2 decimal places - but I don't think metric drills go to that (not the ones I use anyway)

Maybe the DRO could be changed to accept only two figures after the decimal place.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:50:11 AM by jimpinder »
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 06:41:06 AM »
hello again,

i install mach3 on an other computer,but i got the same error.On that computer is also mach2,in mach2 is the drillwizard ok.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 07:27:31 AM »
This is strange, I do not get that error even when I eneter exactly the same dimensions that you have input. I also looked through the VB and it is identical to mine, this is very strange, if I come up with anything I will let you know..
Hood