Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:51:20 PM

Author Topic: Moving off Limit switch  (Read 56721 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Moving off Limit switch
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 07:35:18 PM »
RC if you use the Auto Override you dont have to clcik anything apart from the reset.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »
First,click settings page, then click override, then keyboard jog off, then click override off, then click reset. or just turn the screw..
Or are you talking about leaving the override on ? Or...as usual, am I missing something
RC

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 07:50:42 PM »
Yes if you use the Auto Limit Override it just needs a reset from any page you are on then you can jog off. You are thinking of the manual Limit Override. For that you need to go to the settings page and press it then the reset then jog.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 08:11:52 PM »
Ahh..yes. I see what you mean. I had the habit of turning it off every time after clearing the switch, maybe so no one else could just reset and crunch the switch by jogging the wrong direction from inexperience. Some operators dont need that option.
What is the purpose of having the option to leave it on or off ? 
Thanks Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 08:30:35 PM »
There are 2 different Override switches, one manual and the other Auto. If you have the Auto on then you can just press the Reset and Jog off a limit, no need to go to settings page.
 If you dont have the Auto set then you have to go to the settings page and press the manual override, you can then reset and jog off. In both cases as soon as the limit is closed again the limit switches become ready for your next attempt at machine destruction :D.
 Some people may prefer to go to the settings page and use the manual option, could be for reasons like you suggested but I prefer to just have the Auto limit on, saves hassles of changing pages etc.
 Another option of course would be to set up a physical switch on your control panel and use that as a limit override.

Hood
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 12:11:22 AM »
There IS one advantage by clearing the limit manually, IF it's convenient at the machine. Some even have dual output motor shafts with a hand wheel... and a  gantry with a belt or rack and pinion without a brake may just require a nudge. There's no way to inadvertently crunch the switch. Overrides are not on making it impossible to jog through the switch.
As you say though, a clear understanding of how it is intended to work is definitely the best defense. But if all was clear...we shouldn't be on the dang switch. ;)
I've never had the pleasure of crunching a switch.....luckily, my switch mounting bracket yielded. :D
But only once.
RC
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 12:13:25 AM by Overloaded »
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
I have turned on autooveride. I hit the limit switch and the system  goes on emergency stop. I hit reset but emergency mode keeps flashing and I cannot jog away from the switch. what am i missing. ????
the only way to move away from the switch is to disable it...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »
Please attach your xml and I will see if there are any problems in it.
Hood
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 10:36:08 AM »
Here is my XML code
I had hard time finding how to attach files....
John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 11:04:43 AM »
I have just tried your xml and it works fine here, what I would suggest is you load the standard screenset and test, it could be a problem with the screenset you are using.
Hood