Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:17:26 AM

Author Topic: Clockwise & Counterclockwise cuts?  (Read 3857 times)

Clockwise & Counterclockwise cuts?
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:46:15 PM »
Hi,

I need to cut some parts that require some inside and outside cuts around circles. However, when I run the code all the circles are G2, clockwise cuts, but the outside cuts need to be G3, counterclockwise. In other words, both cuts need to be cut conventionally, not climb milled. It appears that LazyCam posts all circles as G2s, clockwise.

I am not using offsets, just bringing in dxf circles. Is there any way that CW or CCW can be selected within LC?

Mike

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwise & Counterclockwise cuts?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 06:47:09 PM »
Hi, Mike

High lite the chain double click on the lead in marker and u-check "Climb Mill" should fix it.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 04:38:55 AM »
Chip,

Many thanks - that did the trick alright. However, is there no way of doing this for a number of circles at once? I have an array of some sixty circles, in sets of two. The inner circle is some 30mm diameter and the outer circles some 45mm diameter. It is these outer circles that need to be changed and having to do them one at a time is a little tedious to say the least :) LC does not seem to allow multiple selection by using the shift key and I cannot use the 'Selection in Box' method as that selects the inside circles too.

I don't know if Brian looks in on this forum but it might not be a bad idea to allow multiple selection using the shift key - as many other programs do.

Thanks again,

Mike

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 01:21:36 PM »
Hi, Mike

Are you using the Single/Muliple button, You should be able to select them individuall.

But I don't think you can use a Globule change of leadin's/direction changes with it though.

It's a feature that should be added.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 01:37:21 PM »
Chip,

That button certainly escaped my notice :)

You are right, you cannot do a multiple change despite having selected multiple objects.

Thanks again, one more small step in the education!

Mike