Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:55:13 AM

Author Topic: Auto Zero and joystick help needed  (Read 3143 times)

Auto Zero and joystick help needed
« on: May 03, 2008, 10:48:47 AM »
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find some hopefully basic information. I've been reading a lot in the forums about the joystick and auto zero features. Is there a getting started guide or anything along those lines for the Auto Zero (z axis is my interest) including contruction of the touchplate and sensors? Also I'm looking for anyone that has got the joystick to work as a jog controller. I'm using the g100 from geckodrive. I'm going to try the latest plugin today to see if it helps. If these two features are not possible with the g100 then what controller would you recommend. For stepper drivers I'm using the G203v also from gecko drive. Later I plan to add encoders for better accuracy and would like to try digitizing. I've read that those who are using the g100 are basically screwed. (and out $400) if they want to use these features. (also if anyone knows of a good inexpensive (or free) app that can convert text in true type font to gcode, please let me know)   Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Zero and joystick help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:49:12 PM »
G'day Steve

Can't help you with the joystick other than to say look in the plugin's part of the downloads directory.

There are a number of threads on the Auto Zero function, some on this forum.

For my take on it look at this thread,  http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36099

For an alternative to the G100 look at the Smooth Stepper.

Google "TTF to Gcode" and you will get lots of leads.

Greg