Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:52:45 AM

Author Topic: Site Redesign  (Read 7262 times)

scottn

Site Redesign
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:44:02 AM »
Hi everyone,

As you can see, the site has undergone a bit of a facelift.  It's not flashy, it's not awe-inspiring, but hopefully it's a tad bit more user-friendly...  :)

If I've forgotten anything, or if you find something broken (I *think* everything is functional, but it is 3am... ;) ), please let me know...

(edit: I see that the forum sometimes looks a little freaky with the new CSS, depending upon what screen it's showing - I'll check that out)

Good night!

scott
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:50:51 AM by scottn »

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Site Redesign
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 10:05:55 AM »
Thank you!  :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »
Hello Scott,
Hey good work on the new look ,just one thing I try to use the link to the older version of Mach and got the same page as the downloads,here is the question Do this versions ,the ones on the downloads page are the only versions available?
Thank You,Marco.

scottn

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 05:55:05 PM »
Hi Marco,

When you click on the link for previous versions, it should open up the FTP server (which may take 10-15 seconds).  If you're using Firefox, you should be able to see all of the connection stuff happening down in your Status bar.  IE isn't quite as transparent - it kinda looks like it's sitting there, doing nothing, and then all of a sudden it'll pop open.  None of the links on the Download page should link back to the Downloads page itself, though...

To answer the question - every previous version back to 1.84.002 is on the FTP server...  :)

(ftp://machsupport.com/Mach/)

Thanks,

scott
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 06:19:33 PM »
Hello Scott,
Thank You for the fast responce,now I went and try again and got from IE the page where it tells You there is a problem,wtih the web site or spelling,I try the link that You send to My email and got the same result. I will try mozilla and let You know.
Thank You,Marco.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »
Hello Scott,
problem fix with again a different aplication that is not microsoft >:(
I use mozilla and took like 1/2 second.  ;D   Thank You,Marco.

scottn

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 06:50:55 PM »
Hi Marco,

I have tested everything with both IE6 and IE7, and everything appears to work fine for me (except for the main menu under the logo - IE6 doesn't properly handle transparent backgrounds, and it's not worth trying to find a hack for it), so I'm not sure why your IE was giving you problems (could possibly be a security setting).  I'm glad to hear the Firefox worked for you, though...   :)

Thanks,

scott
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 06:55:20 PM »
Hello Scott,
Thank You for the help,Marco.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 07:10:12 PM »
When you click on the link for previous versions, it should open up the FTP server (which may take 10-15 seconds). 

Very nice.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 08:13:17 PM »
IE7 works for me - :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)