Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:15:04 PM

Author Topic: Via Epia + Mach 3 = No good?  (Read 5000 times)

Via Epia + Mach 3 = No good?
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:20:16 PM »
I failed to get the mach 3 driver working on my Via epia M1000 computer so i did a fresh install of XP and ran through the steps in the optimization guide, but i still cant get the driver to work.

If i run the driver test the system freezes just as the driver test application takes over the system. The same thing happens when i fire up Mach3, it just freezes, unless i remove the driver from the system. Ive tried to reinstall it using the drivertest application, but still no luck.

Is there a chance that there is something with the Via system/driver that makes it impossible to run? I just paid all these $$$ for this wonderfull program :(

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Via Epia + Mach 3 = No good?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:38:42 PM »
I have Mach running fine on a Via Pico motherboard but its using a SmoothStepper so its not using the software pulse engine , not sure if it has a similar  chipset to your mobo  or not. The Drivetest does crash things after a few seconds so maybe it is similar situation but I can run Mach with the pulse engine installed, just the pico doesnt have a parallel port so I cant try and see if it runs, thats why I need the SmoothStepper.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 05:04:28 AM »
It has a VIA Apollo CLE266 chipset. As far as i can read the pico board has the VIA VX700 chipset. But i have no problem running mach itself, so i guess it must be a driver problem.

Can someone tell me if this is error is due to mach not supporting this chipset or if there is anything i can do?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 09:11:42 AM »
I have just tried to set up Mach 3 on a VIA M10000 motherboard too, and have exactly the same problem you describe. I have tried fresh install of XP, latest chipset drivers, uninstall and reinstall driver all with the same result... drivertest freezes the computer (even the mouse stops moving) right after "taking control... 3, 2, 1.."

I suspect it is a peculiarity of the M10000. Tomorrow I will be loading a fresh install of XP on a different PC to see how we go.

scottn

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:49:52 AM »
What happens if you try running the Special driver (C:\Mach3\SpecialDriver.bat)?

scott
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »
no change... I have also checked through the bios for any relevant settings, but have not yet found and that make a difference