Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:29:51 AM

Author Topic: m6start.m1s starting with zero  (Read 12142 times)

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
m6start.m1s starting with zero
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:06:21 AM »
Hi,

I am doing quite well with my ATC for my emcoturn120. actually the code is working completely as a button script. When I copy the code into the M6start macro, and I type T2 or another T6 request in the MDI the macrocode is executed but…..

If I type T6 in the MDI line, I would like to change to the sixed tool. How kan I pick up the wanted toolnumber in my m6start code. As soon as I type T6 and the M6start.m1s is executed the “newtool=getselectedtool()” is forced to zero.

Thanks for your reply.

antoine

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
Re: m6start.m1s starting with zero
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 02:00:01 PM »
hi anyone,

i think the problem is solved (with help of ron). using only "T5" on the MDI line starts the M6start macro. but the toolnumber is not interpreted correctly by the m6start macro. typing "M6 T0505" works well.

hope this will help others.

antoine
the netherlands
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 01:53:30 PM »
Hello,

I am also rebuilding an Emco Turn120 and a Compact6.  It would be nice to see your schematics and Mach3 code.  I currently have new(er) 5-phase amps, spindle amps, existing motors, coolant motors, encoder, new belts, IO cards, relays.. etc.  Just waiting for more junk to get off my floor to get back to that project.  It would really help if just to see how you did your retrofit.

Thank You,

Ray Scott

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 03:47:36 PM »
hi ray,

i have no schematics jet. i think you best start with the interfaceboard wich you would like to use. the berger lahr drives need a supply too. if you have the components you can connect them together and see if the drives will work.

thanks

antoine
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:16:16 PM »
Antoine,

I am running Mach3 and driving the devices directly from the parallel port.  The axis drive inputs are all opto-isolated so I use direct wiring.  The new spindle drive is the same.  It is an ABB drive 230VAC(single phase) to 3HP 3phase 230VAC.  My coolant pump is 10-30VDC.  The IO is through an Otpo22 IO interface board.  It uses the 5VDC to drive the opto modules.  The inputs are converted to 5VDC levels for th port to read.  No big deal for some complicated intermediate boards.

Is this OK or do you have a much better suggestion?   

Ray Scott

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 02:18:05 AM »
hi,

sent me some photo's, i will reply with some photo's of my emco

antoine

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 08:52:36 PM »
Set the OEMDRO with what you want,  SetOEMDRO(824, x) x=tool number in a button that can pull the number from a user dro to make it adjustable on the fly.

scott
fun times
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 10:49:22 PM »
Hello, I hate to start out like this but I am fed up with my Emco 120 ! Ok, since I got that off my chest here we go.  I have an Emco 120 Lathe. I paid $6000.00 for the Lathe that wa ssupposed to be turn key. Eventhough I don't believe that the machinery dealer that I bought this off of misled me on purpose the result is the same. I want to retrofit my 120 to do away with the old computer etc. I would like someone to tell me how much this should cost me, what pc 's will work etc.  If anyone has all of this information wrote down I will gladly pay you for your information.  I have had this machine for 6 months and havnt been able to even turn a spindle.

Thanks Everyone

Kurt

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 02:41:03 AM »
hi kurt,

if you look at my youtube channel you can see what the possibilities are

http://www.youtube.com/user/tantancnc

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 11:12:16 PM »
Hi,

I replaced the control of an Emco 340 lathe with Mach 3 and its running nicely (with gang tooling so far).  I would like to ask how did you go about controlling the turret.  Are you using the original A.C. turret motor, encoder, etc? or did you fit a servo instead.  What type of turret do you have?

Thanks,

Jorge