Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:31:02 AM

Author Topic: Why is everything mirrow imaged?  (Read 5197 times)

Why is everything mirrow imaged?
« on: May 15, 2006, 08:01:53 PM »
I didn't see it till I started to work with text.
I understand at this point the Gcode is the commands that make this happen, but it also happens with the wizards in Mach3.

Am I alone on this problem? ::)

ynneb

Re: Why is everything mirrow imaged?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 09:16:16 PM »
Do you mean the image is in reverese in the tool path display or you work thet you cut out is reversed?
If the work is reversed, you will neen to change the settings in in the configuration.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 07:39:40 AM »
If I use the Text wizard, I have to select the mirrow and let it display on the screen in mirrow in order to get it to cut correct.

I will look around for a setting in config to change it.

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 08:53:43 AM »
I am a little confused, You have used the word mirrowed a few times now. At first I thought it was a typing error for mirrored.
Quite possibly you are talking about some term I am not familiar with, to do with machining ?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 10:22:44 AM »
Bad spelling on my part...  :-\

Checking with spell check....

Mirror  ;D

Ok let's say I use the text wizard in Mach3 with the mirror option selected (blinking).
What I see in the work area is the text I entered but the machine cuts it like im looking in a mirror at it.
I have to select the mirror option (that will make it display in the work area backwords) to get it to cut correct..

I think I just figured it out. It is the use of the text wizard that I'm not setting correct.

ynneb

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 11:06:45 AM »
Ok sounds like you have an axis in reverse. Go to the config / Motorhomesoftlimits and then select reverse for the offending axis.
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 02:00:57 PM »
Thanks I will fix that after work.  ;D
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 10:07:12 AM »
Everything works fine now.

Thank you so much!  ;D