Author Topic: Reset  (Read 7730 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Reset
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 09:17:24 AM »
I think the problem may be that we're looking at limits from different perspectives. I'm going to take a flyer and guess your machine is smallish because if you hit a limit on a large heavy machine you really don't want to do it again. I see them as the equivalent of airbags in a car - I really don't want them to go off but if the sh*t hits the fan I'd rather they did. Forgive me - but you seem to see them as a tool to aid positioning and perfectly ok to hit whenever you like. Try that too often on a large heavy machine and you'll most likely wreck it. All sorts of nasty things happen when you stop a machine dead. Inertia - both mechanical and electrical has to be dumped big time - not nice on anything involved. That's why Mach has soft limits - at least then the potential for damage is reduced. Just my opinion.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »
kthomson

As Hood said earlier, you want to set up your softlimits. This will give you what you want I think. This isn't going to change the homeing routine or what happens when you hit a limit but it will allow to jog in a given direction until you hit a softlimit and be able to continue jogging from there and not putting you in Reset (e-stop) mode. You can even set up the deccel ramp. Have a look at config, homeing and limits. The way homeing works is this. It jogs the z in the direction of its home switch at the % speed of your rapid jog (you determine this) untill it sees it change states then reverses untill it has cleared the switch and then zeros your machine coord. DRO. It then repeats this for x then y. If you are homing in the posotive directions, do me a favor and set you homeing and limits to look like this and try it. Ref all axis and then turn on your softlimits. Now jog to extremes. This is assuming you have at least 2 inches of tavel on each axis.

The shift key is your rapid jog button. Again, works like it should. You can open the mpg page by pressing the tab key and set your slow jog rate. When you hold the shift key then press a button is now jogs at rapid determined by your motor tuning settings.

As far as an auto tool touch off, it is covered in several thread here. Do a search for a wealth of info. on it.

Brett   

(EDIT)
Change your homeoff values in the screenie to 0.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:31:03 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »
Yeah, we may be confusing terminology. My machine has three limit switches which function both as 'Home' sensors, and travel limits. I guess I've been using the terms interchangeably, and they are really not. Anyway, I've found what I was looking for. After reading through all of the available codes I found that I can send a reset command from within the macro, so it's not a problem. I can send a reset when it hits the switch, then continue the code.

I'm using this on a 5' X 9' router.

Thanks for the input guys ...

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 02:18:06 PM »
OK, set your max softlimits accordingly and give it a go. I think you'll love it. If it is all set correctly you can leave your softlimits enabled even during homeing.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 04:47:18 PM »
Hi, kthomson

Are you using your code in the "Reff All Home" button script ?

Show us the code if you get time.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 04:56:38 PM by Chip »