Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:27:13 AM

Author Topic: Reset button malfunction  (Read 3294 times)

Reset button malfunction
« on: April 27, 2008, 10:23:23 PM »
For some reason the Reset button on the main screen doesn't work. I used my router yesterday, and everything was fine. Today, I messed with a couple of the screens, trying to get a macro to work, and now hitting the Reset does nothing. I keeps blinking no matter what I do. I even reinstalled the software in case I damaged one of the screens (though I don't think so, I only played with the VB script on one of the buttons). Anyway, now I can't Reset, so nothing works. The estop input is jumped out, so that's not the problem. What else could cause it to lock up.

Thanks
Ken

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
  • Take that you LazyCam, next stop the glue factory!
    • View Profile
Re: Reset button malfunction
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 10:29:50 PM »
I've hit this one a few times, is there a screen that pops up saying something is out of limits or any warning message on the bottom of the screen? Somehow soft limits always seem to be my problem.

Kristin
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:41:17 PM »
No, soft limits are turned off. On the diagnostics screen, the 'Emergency' LED is flashing, but the estop circuit is jumped out on the input card. Is there anything else that can cause an 'Emergency' signal? It was working a few hours ago, this just popped up after I had shut it down and restarted an hour or so later.

Thanks
Ken
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:44:26 PM by kthomson »
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 11:31:56 PM »
check the active low/high setting for E-stop in the configuration wherever it is.  Messing with screens might have changed it and it'll not work if it's set wrong.

Monte
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 12:04:54 AM »
Thanks Monte, you put me on the right track, but the truth is, the problem was so stupid I'm embarassed to post it. When I changed the 'E-Stop' input from 'Active Low' to 'Active High', I was able to reset the software, but then, I still couldn't jog the machine. When I checked, the last time I connected the parallel cable to the computer I didn't tighten the screws so the top of the cable had pulled loose. It wasn't getting the signal from most of the pins. Ooops ...