Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:06:36 AM

Author Topic: Help, tried to optimise, now I can't use my mouse or keyboard!  (Read 3733 times)

I installed Mach3 on my machine (which can use only USB mice and keyboards) and tried to "optimise" it by following the instructions in the optimise file on the downloads page of the artsoft website. I got through step 10 "Enable DMA on all Disk Controllers" and the system asked me to reboot. I did and now I can't use my mouse or keyboard. I don't want to reinstall windows but the machine is useless without any user input. As I said before I am only able to use usb mice and keyboards with this system. Can somebody give me a suggestion? Thanks

ynneb

Re: Help, tried to optimise, now I can't use my mouse or keyboard!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 02:36:39 AM »
Thats nasty, no inputs what so ever. You cant use a conventional keyboard to at least navigate to system restore?

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 02:45:49 AM »
I really must get the writer of that optimise file to review it for more modern computers that only take usb keyboards and mouse.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 02:47:42 AM »
No inputs whatsoever. Strangely enough I was able to enter BIOS with the keyboard. I'm not sure what that means. I tried starting windows in safe mode, but the keyboard and mouse will still not work. I cannot connect a conventional keyboard to my machine. Can you think of which step in the optimisation file may have done this? If I knew I could leave that step out next time I try.

ynneb

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 02:53:04 AM »
I wouldnt know the step, I blindly followed it myself, too.

Yeh thats strange that safe mode didnt help. Isnt there and option for safe mode where it asks if you want usb support?
I wonder if there is usb support in the bios. None of this is really my thing, and i would be like you trying all sorts of options.
I know your pain though.