Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:28:49 PM

Author Topic: Homeing All Axis not working properly  (Read 8555 times)

Homeing All Axis not working properly
« on: May 13, 2006, 03:42:19 PM »
I hooked up my homes yesterday.  the switches are working fine.  It turns yellow when i hit the switch.  And i got them both enabled.  But some reason when i hit home all axis.  My Y axis moves about 2" then stopes.  nowhere close to the homeing switch.  then the X axis homes fine.  Seems like the first time i open mach3 it will home fine.  but after the first time it dont work.

I am confused.  Any suggestions on how to get my Y axis home to work let me know.

thanks Eric,
Re: Homeing All Axis not working properly
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 07:19:47 PM »
Hmmmm, Something sounds weird about the way you are describing your problem.  Normally when you "Ref all Home" the first thing that should happen is that your Z axis should move to it's home position, then the Y, then the X.  You don't mention what happens with your other axis when you ref all home.  How about a little more information about what exactly happens and what your equipment setup is (i.e. how many axis, what kind of motors, drives).

Regards,
Sid
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 07:23:13 PM »
i hit ref all home.  the Y axis moves about 2" then stops.  Then my X axis homes all the way.  And my Z axis is setup not to home because i dont have a switch on it.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 07:40:46 PM »
Weird, sounds like the Y axis switch is, in fact being activated (just at the wrong time/place). 

The next (X) axis should move until either you get to home on the first (Y) OR hit the esc key.  If I were you, I would try using the diagnostic page to play around with just homing the Y axis.  From that screen you can get Y to ref home and also see the state of the switch (i.e. when it is being activated.) Maybe that will help to determine if you have a problem with the switch accidentally being triggered to early.  (I had a prblem with some super sensitive switches once.  The vibration of my router would trigger one of my limit switches)

Regards,
Sid
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 09:40:24 PM »
Well i have been watches the diag page.  and i never see the y axis light come on.  my switches are sensors with a metal thing that go between it and breaks the current.  i might hook up a diffrent type of switch and see if that helps.

Nother thing i keep running into is my axis keep changing which direction they are moving.  i am always halfing to reverse the axis.  Then unreverse them to get them to move posative in the right direction.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 09:54:53 PM »
I think you are reading noise on the input... Set a debounce of 1000 under the Config/Logic
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »
I think you are correct brain.  I changed that value and it seems to be working good now. 

next problem i am running into is when i cut out a 3" part its actualy 2.985" wide.  but i think my step per inch is wrong.  on my router my x and y axis have abunch of gears in them.  and i have no idea how many step per inch it actualy is.  so i think im gonna just half to play with it to get it right.

Thanks for the help.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 08:05:55 PM »
There is a button that will help you with this ont the Settings page. just over the reset :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 08:46:09 PM »
Great advise :-)
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 09:46:57 PM »
Ok i got it cutting fairly accurate.  I cut out a 6" X 3" square and miked it.  looked like the 6" side was .003" over and the 3" side was .004" under.  i was cutting it out in wood.  and i know wood can only be so accurate.

Now igot a nother question.  I plan on buying the Deskcnc Probe.  I want to know if this is possable.  I want to be able to take the probe.  Put it into the collet.  Take it down and probe the material.  And set the material.  Then put the router bit in and set the tool height with the probe.  then i want to be able to have it do operation 1.  then stop.  Have it ask for the finish tool then probe the finish tool lenght and go in and finish the part.  If this is possable let me know.  If i am completely out of my mind then let me know :-)