Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:50:09 PM

Author Topic: Homing and G100  (Read 5812 times)

Homing and G100
« on: April 13, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »
Hello,

I recently got my home and limit switches installed, and they light up appropriately in the diagnosis screen when pressed. When I choose ref all home (or even ref x or ref y in the diag screen), the motors make no attempt to move. The box around the z-axis DRO turns green (since it has no home switch), but x and y remain stationary. I have to reset to be able to jog or use the machine after that point. I'm going crazy! Any tips as to why my homing might not be working?

Thanks,

Christopher

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Homing and G100
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 03:42:47 PM »
Post your XML please. Do you have the latest plug-in, firmware, version of Mach3?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:00:31 PM »
I downloaded the current versions of everything today, just to be sure. The machine still makes no attempt to home. I've attached my XML file, and really appreciate your help!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:26:39 PM »
Try enableing your + and - limits as they are the same pins as your home switches. Let me know how that does. Also, you aren't trying to use the I/O only plug-in are you?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 11:40:12 PM »
I originally had at least one of the limits for each axis turned on (I only have one switch on each axis right now). I try enabling both ++ and -- limits and will try again. The controller works for all other motion control (jogging and running programs), but the homing doesn't work. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks Again!

-Christopher
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »
I tried enabling the limits on both axes with no change. The machine jogs, moves and otherwise works - but doesn't home - as it is now, so I don't think I could be using the I/O plugin. It thinks it's in homing mode, but the table doesn't move. Hitting the home switch during this process lights up the indicator in the diagnostic screen, but the machine continues to be unresponsive to jogging or other instructions until I e-stop. Any other tips?

Thanks again!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 03:47:17 PM »
Got it working - must have had and old version of the firmware.