Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:47:54 PM

Author Topic: Post order?  (Read 4835 times)

Post order?
« on: April 12, 2008, 08:03:47 PM »
Art,
Thanks very much for everything you've done for the CNC community at large, and thanks so much for this sub-forum to help newbies like myself.  My only suggestion is that you number your thread titles in the order in which they should be read.. Otherwise I see your wisdom on choices but they may be based on decisions you covered elsewhere. If they differ from the route I'm taking, it'd be unwise for me to follow without fully understanding the why's behind those decisions.  If I could approach them in the order you approached them in, I might have a better reference point.

I'm constantly torn by router table home build descriptions, versus motor specs, versus drivers, versus linear motion systems, versus what people are getting out of their machines versus how much I can spend.

My biggest problem seems to be understanding enough about everything involved to be able to estimate it's compatibility.. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Post order?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:17:12 PM »
Hi Deadguy71,

I think you are saying just what we all thought when we first joined the forum or started out on CNC. Everything is a compromise between performance/ size/ cost/ knowledge/ etc/ etc/ etc. and we all have to start somewhere.

For my part I started by obtaining as many parts as I could that were going cheap on ebay then designing around them. If I started again from scratch I would surely have a different machine entirely - but one thing that would be the same is Mach3, everything has to be designed around this in my opinion.

If you have time and the inclination take a look at my website to see the direction I took.  http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net/

Best regards.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:37:39 AM »
Tweakie,
Interesting site you have there and lots of good iinfo. I can tell your having fun with CNC.
RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 02:18:12 PM »
Hi Rich,

Good fun indeed - also making a lot of good friends as well.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:10:20 PM »
Tweakie,
  Thanks for putting your link up.
You did a great job on the site as well as the "Toys".
It answered a lot of questions I had.
Again....FINE JOB !
MANY THANKS,
RC