Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 04:16:47 PM

Author Topic: I ran into this  (Read 3292 times)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
I ran into this
« on: April 05, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
hey CHIP
         pass this on to the bug sniffers if you can.-----today doing some inlays and after many hours and differant programs i ran into this one. attached are two TAP files ,they are named GOOD & BAD.
         running the BAD file --when the program is finishing up the Z lifts and the rapids tell it to go to X0,Y0 ---- then as it travels ,the path takes it over a machined hole. when the rapid move crosses the
         hole the X axis goes nuts and losses steps. I took the same program and added a line of code -- third from the bottom --- to move the rapids around the hole, this is the GOOD program. i cut 20
         parts and the X stayed stable. after i was finished, just to make a test ,took the line of code out ,ran a part ,X went nuts.

thanks bill

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: I ran into this
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:32:38 PM »
Hi, Bill

Dose this error show up on your screen view.

If it doesn't, Try reducing your Velocity and Acceleration some in Config, Motor Tuning for a test.

Ran your Bad G-code several times with no error hear, G00 Diagonal moves/accelerates to your max "Velocity" setting.

May be a little to steep accl. and fast vel.

Let us Now, Chip

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:57:05 PM »
HEY CHIP
         thanks for checking in on me.-the tool path looks good in the window, my accells are extra low as a standard probably lower than anybody else.
         while playing with it today - using mach ver 3.00 and 3.039 - did more test on this little elipse program, and just killed the day off. the program did the same on
         both ver of mach  -- when it traveled over the hole X went nuts --- added the patch code to go around the hole rapid ok. if i jog to the last position in the code
         then rapid back to X0 Y0 no problem shows up. then i did a mirror cut , set X,Y to -1.0 with both ver, as it rapid over the hole you could here the motor pause then go
         on to 0,0 with out going nuts. when i watch and listen to X travel ,starts moving,up to speed,bumps over the hole then on to 0,0.-- going to try an older ver tomorrow,
         then report back in.by the way when i did mach ver 3.039 i had to add .002 to my Y backlash --- thats not cool.

thanks bill

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 08:28:14 PM »
CHIP
     can you do a short list of your computer --- mainly the video card.

thanks bill