Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:56:14 PM

Author Topic: Code wanders off?  (Read 15050 times)

Re: Code wanders off?
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 06:28:01 PM »
Thanks.. breezed right over it..
Haven't re-run yet, but did change the config. I hope to try tonight sometime. Thanks.

Hi, Spinnetti

Look Ahead is in Config, General Configuration.

Chip

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 04:18:22 AM »
HEY SPINNETTI

i was reading your post and thought maybee we had the same problem, we don't. took your program and ran it - could see where it missed x53 move. -went through the code and made sure that every line had a carriage return.
                  here is a copy for you,take a look at it. moving on to my ghost hunt now.

bill
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 07:04:16 AM »
Thanks for lookin..

I did run a few parts with lookahead set to 1 and it worked ok, but thats not a "for sure".. could have just been luck of the draw. I'm out of town for the rest of the week, but hope to run some more this weekend.

Thanks!

HEY SPINNETTI

i was reading your post and thought maybee we had the same problem, we don't. took your program and ran it - could see where it missed x53 move. -went through the code and made sure that every line had a carriage return.
                  here is a copy for you,take a look at it. moving on to my ghost hunt now.

bill

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 05:45:53 PM »
Brian,

Running the file from my C drive did not fix the problem. The first time I ran the file it messed up
After I changed the "look ahead" to 1, the problems seems to dissappear (running on my home PC, not the mill)

I ran the file approx 20 times without problems.
This does not mean I am 100% sure the problem is fixed, because during my last production run of 200 pieces, only 4 pieces went wrong

Anyway, it looks promising, I hope it works as well for Spinnetti

Thanks

Jan
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 08:15:14 PM »
Sounds to me like you have a problem with the lookahead.. That is just odd.. I have run your file here many times and have not seen that problem! I will keep an eye out for it!
Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 06:49:27 AM »
Hi,
I've had the same problem while working with versions 2.62, 3.00  and 3.01. After updating to 3.039 the problem with lookahead seems to be cured.
But now I have problem with feed rates :
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6640.0.html

Rgds
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 08:35:02 PM »
I set the look ahead to 1 and am not having problems, but I've only run a dozen parts or so. Problem is, I don't have full confidence that the problem is done, or just less likely. The machine crashes not only scare me, but will cost me more money in damaged equipment.

Any more thoughts on root cause resolution?

Thanks

Brian,

Running the file from my C drive did not fix the problem. The first time I ran the file it messed up
After I changed the "look ahead" to 1, the problems seems to dissappear (running on my home PC, not the mill)

I ran the file approx 20 times without problems.
This does not mean I am 100% sure the problem is fixed, because during my last production run of 200 pieces, only 4 pieces went wrong

Anyway, it looks promising, I hope it works as well for Spinnetti

Thanks

Jan
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 08:57:52 PM »
I have not seen this problem other then the few that have posted on the forum... I have only seen this problem with old Revs of mach3... IF you have this happen with the Dev version and can send me your data I will do what I can.
Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com