Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:30:41 AM

Author Topic: Possible Lazy Cam Bug  (Read 5124 times)

Possible Lazy Cam Bug
« on: March 21, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »
I am new to CNC, Mach3 and LCAM. With lots of help from this forum I have things going. I am cutting signs to learn how everthing works. I laid out a sign in Coreldraw X4. exported it in a DFX file ( autocad 14 format, Corel skips autocad 12 for some reason). Loaded it into Lcam. The wording in the sign is " Robert Cowert" but in L-Cam  both "e" are missing the "-" so it looks closer to " Robcrt Cowcrt". They are not  "C"  the tails are almost touching so they are "e" without the horizontal bars.  What am I doing wrong? If you open the DFX file with Corel, everthing is fine.  Is this a bug in L-Cam or am i doing somthing wrong. I am attching both the DFX and Lcam files. Maybe one of you old hands can enlighten me.

Thanks in  advance.
Mike

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Lazy Cam Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:59:54 AM »
Hi, Mike

Your corel dxf export is dropping some lines, When I loaded it in BobCad it missed some more lines.

Replaced the text with BobCad ver. 22 text below.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 09:41:56 AM »
Chip:

Thanks again for your help. At least I know it's not Lazy cam. What I don't understand ( not that I know much) is how it can drop that part of the "e" when I export the file but when I open the file with corel its there. Is there some other program I can view DFX files with ? Have you ever seen a program drop lines like this ?

Thanks

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »
Hi, Mike

I loaded it into 3 different Cad's, All had issues.

Try to export in different dxf file types from your corel program.

Check the wed for free dxf viewer's or cad programs

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »
Chip:

I downloaded a viewer, and I clearly see the dang compleate "e" with it. If i reopen the  dfx file with corel it's there also.

If I place just one really big e in the dfx file,the only program that I have that wont see the complete "e" is Lazy Cam !   I dont understand how that can be.   It's crazy.  I wonder if the font has some type of code that cam programs dont like.

Thanks for the input
Mike

Offline Ben

•  79 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 05:13:03 PM »
Try exploding the DXF file 4 or 5 times. Then load into Lazy Cam.

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 09:23:08 PM »
Mr.MIKE

what corel does to a drawing in the way it handles it i have no idea. but you are not the first one to run into this with corel. they are saving the file to a version of dxf that is not = to autocad ver 12.
      I downloaded you dxf and opened it in l-cam 3.00.2 to see what you were talking about-. did nothing to it,and closed it back up. then i opened it up in cambam the free beta ver, and all the eeeeeee's
      were there. somehow it can read the corel dxf. then i used the export function and saved as a differant file using cambam as a filter. opened it back up in l-cam and now everything is there. attached is
      the filtered file.

bill

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:29:21 PM »
by the way mike i forgot to mention look at the file size differance between your original and the one i sent you.and all i did was open and export.
corel is doing something extra .

bill
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 12:06:32 AM »
Bill
I see what  you mean. Big difference in size. And the"e"'s are there. I will find cambam and try it. Would anyone know what limitations Lcam has? I have  3.00.2 and I have a license for mach3. The one thing I noticed different  in the one that Chip fixed for me to try,  is that the Lcam one i did never had an entity # over 49

Ben:
I transformed it 500% and it made no diffrence. I guess transforming is the same as exploding the drawing.

thanks for your time and help.
mike

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 04:04:44 PM »
Hi, Mike

You need a LC lic. for Offsetting, Pocketing and Turn Features, Don't remember any other limitations.

Chip