Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:50:12 PM

Author Topic: New with Mach + bobcad need help  (Read 3216 times)

New with Mach + bobcad need help
« on: March 21, 2008, 07:32:48 AM »
Hi all, is there anyone that can throw some light my way.  I have a little 2D cutter project that I drew up in bobcad version 19.  I'm trying to get a zig-zag tool path to cut over the surface of the cutter. If you look at it in 3D you can see the cutter. I know all I need are the two longer lines which show a I think a 0 to -3/16 drop between lines  and I should be able to put a surface tool path on them.

I have a Taig mill which ran in dos I got smart one day a year or so back and moved my computer to window xp and guess what the mill quit.  I bought Mach 3 and have the mill running pretty good. Now if I could just figure out how to use the 19 bobcad software again? I was going to send the cad picture but I don't see any place to insert it. but can email it if someone can help?

I'm just lilke my dog I can't teach him new tricks either.....

Mike E
Re: New with Mach + bobcad need help
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »
I have been watching the bobcad videos but there was not much on the surface cutting tool path that I coud see helping me.  But just messing around with the 3D and options I did find a way to make the cuts. I did get a tool path for the cutter. I don't no if it will work right or not I will be trying to cut the project on Mack in the morning.

If it works I will set up a url to go to and maybe others on the forum will want to see the project in action. I don't have a video camera but I can take some pictures of the project and set it up as a slide show.

Thanks
Mike
Re: New with Mach + bobcad need help
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »
To use the 3d function of bobcad on the camside there is a 3d icon botton left of windows. This needs to be click on. The 3d function will work with surfaces and entities (line,arc points). If you draw a point that is a X0 Y0 Z0 and one at X6 Y6 and Z6 then join with line bobcad will do a 3d move when you select the line on the cam side with 3d turn on. If you don't turn on the 3d bobcad will cut from XYZ0 to XY6 but Z0. for more help on Bobcad you can go to http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php