Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:47:03 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Videos  (Read 3009 times)

Mach3 Videos
« on: March 19, 2008, 04:12:43 AM »
I have watched several videos on the Mach3 video list and quite often they mention videos such as "Work Offsets"  and I cannot find them in the list.  Where would this one be? 

They also often mention the "Next video" and name it and again it isn't in the list.
Hmmm are there different lists of videos, guess i'm looking in the wrong place? ???

I really like videos it's better than the guide for me.

Today I learned how to setup Motor Home/Soft Switches.  But it took a few goes at posting my question on the CncZone to finally arrive at how to do it. I have the Mach3 guide printed out and if I only had it I could not have done it, so far the guide has not been very helpful to the new user. 

Mr. Chips
Retired 3M'r

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Videos
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:23:18 AM »
The Videos are very useful - I think the Mach3 team made the basic videos themselves initially - but have now "farmed them out" probably because of time. Yes the references mentioned inn them are not always accurate.

"Work Offsets" will be found under the video entitled "Co-ordinate Systems" - I knew I had seen it, but I had to go look for it.

I sat down one evening and worked  through as many as I could seeing what was on them - keep at it, it's all there - somewhere!!!
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
Re: Mach3 Videos
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 04:21:19 AM »
Hi there,

Very I am very interested in this post as I am currently in the process of upgrading a 120 myself. I completely agree with HurcoMatt the emco stepper boards are unreliable and have a tendancy to "pop" every now and then. Even better, Emco have now discontinued the service for them and components are becoming hard to come by. HK can supply you with a refurbished step board somewhere in the region of £1000 GBP if it goes down but they come with no warranty.

I am in the process of developing a new microprocessor based controller for the steppers, so far it is looking good. The DC spindle can be hooked up to a Parker SSD unit from inverterdrives.co.uk the 514 series is what you are looking for as it is a 4Q drive and just use the armature voltage feedback connection within the motor for the speed control.

Mike