Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:42:47 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 reboots..  (Read 4668 times)

Offline mav

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Mach3 reboots..
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:41:48 AM »
Hello everybody.I am new in the would of cnc and this is my first topic.My first project is the convention of Proxxon MF70 micro mill to cnc.
A friend give me his old PC and I am going to use it as a dedicated PC for controlling the mill.It is a Pentium 3 800MHz,20 GB HD,256MB ram and voodoo graphic card with XP Sp2 o.s.
The problem is that every time I try to open mach3 first I see the artsoft logo on screen and then the PC reboots.
The installation of new mainboard drivers(Via hyperionPro) and the use of the optimization file for XP did not help.
I hope that you can help me with this problem!
Best regards.
P.S.Sorry for my poor English.
Re: Mach3 reboots..
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 02:33:55 PM »
Try it without the Voodoo card, The Voodoo drivers are known to be unstable in many cases (Not mach related, just in general). If you have any other video cards laying around that would be were I would start.

Hard restarts without the bluescreen of death are almost always hardware or hardware driver related.

Other thing to do to narrow down the the problem: Right Click My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Under Startup and Recovery click settings, then uncheck Automatically restart. This way if it is a windows related problem you will be able to see/read the error messages so we can debug further.

Offline mav

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:29:34 PM »
Thank you bcromwell.I will try and inform you about the results!

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:56:10 AM »
mav

look in your mach3 folder and page towards the bottom and you will find a file called special driver.double click it and it does a dos install real fast then reboot.
    then try to run mach3,your motherboard might not like the regular driver.if that makes it work then you have to remember that every time you upgrade
    you will have to redo the driver.

bill