Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:48:28 AM

Author Topic: How to: Modify z origin when work in progress.  (Read 7749 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How to: Modify z origin when work in progress.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 05:09:50 PM »
OK did a search for you ;)
Is this what you are wanting http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2656.0.html

Hood
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »
Hello Hood,
 I set this up on my home PC. Just playing around.
In screen4, I put 3 oemdro's on the run screen
oemdro 27   max
   "       65   lowest
   "       25   speed
This is the only way I quickly figured how to change the values. How do you change them normally ? Without modifying a screen ?
Anyway, the up and down limits work fine, and the speed changes but the speed dro only accepts values between 5 and 100.
5 is too fast. The average "quick" hotkey hit moves the axis .025". Unless maybe it is in mm. The file I was running was in inches though.
One other thing is that all remaining Z moves in the file will be "off" by the amount that the Z was changed by the hotkeys.
Could cause problems later in the finished part.
Works perfectly for what it was intended though.
Thanks,
RC
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 08:51:57 AM by Overloaded »
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 10:09:22 PM »
If this can be of any help, I work  with inches !
And thanks a lot for your effort everyone.

Dan
A good day starts with how you see it....
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 10:12:35 AM »
Thanks a lot hood, I wish I had found the thread you just posted in my search trial. I'm going to try this procedure on a dummy-cut this morning.Too bad we can not revert to original settings but hey, miracles are hard to create, they usually happen... So I,ll try this and will post again later to sum-up this thread!

An inspiring group effort !

Dan
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »
Ok , in short:

Config/ ports and pins/ input signals,  browse to to thc up-down, enable up and down and click emulated,  Hotkey should be left and right "Brackets" (  [ , ]  ) then go to mill option and click "alllow thc up and down even if not in thc mode...

Yes it works, but Z can only go up above +0,2 inches. If I start with a z -0,100 deep, I can cut get up ( not down) to +0,5, from there I can go down, but no lower than +0,2. Increments vary from 0,008 to 0,018 on fast clicks.

I'm really close to the goal. If I could get +/- 0,005 increments per click in -0 depth. I tried playing around with other options in mill options. I wonder if thc should be on in input signals.

Dan.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 06:58:46 AM »
Yes it works, but Z can only go up above +0,2 inches. If I start with a z -0,100 deep, I can cut get up ( not down) to +0,5, from there I can go down, but no lower than +0,2. Increments vary from 0,008 to 0,018 on fast clicks.

I'm really close to the goal. If I could get +/- 0,005 increments per click in -0 depth. I tried playing around with other options in mill options. I wonder if thc should be on in input signals.

Dan.

Not sure I truelly follow what you are saying as I have never used this but in the previously linked to thread there is this
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2656.msg16540.html#msg16540

Is that what you are looking to do?

Hood

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 04:38:59 PM »
I found something in Configuration when I was looking at it yesterday - is this what you are looking for

Config/Ports and Pins/Mill Options   -  Allow THC UP/DOWN control even if not in THC mode.

I have no idea how it works though.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.