Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:21:55 AM

Author Topic: dimension problems  (Read 3316 times)

dimension problems
« on: March 15, 2008, 10:28:25 PM »
 :(i am having a problem with mach .i set up steps per and motor tuning i get it to go to a certain dimension in mdi but it will not repeat the same dimension happens on all axis going the same direction so it is not a backlash problem . i have set general config to absoulute stop  . i am running out of ideas . this also happens when setting the steps in auto setting in settings it will not be the same twice.if you tell it to go.050 and then set the steps and then try to repeat it it will be off . and then go to mdi it will be off .its driving me crazy ive been at this for two days now . took all axis apart checked mechanical connections ok . any one have any ideas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: dimension problems
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 12:00:52 AM »
Try Sherline mode and see if that helps.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »
how do i find the sherline mode i dont know were it is  thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »
Config > Ports and Pins and you will see it in the box at the right side of the first page.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 06:58:18 AM »
You could have a lack of power and are losing steps.

Take off one of the motors keep the coupling on the shaft and set it to say vertical, Zero the DRO run it backwards and forwards it should always come back to the to the same position on the shaft when the DRO reads Zero.

Do this at a modest speed increasing the speed a bit at a time  until you are doing it at maximum speed

If yes then you are losing steps when it is mounted to the machine if no then get back to try something else

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable