Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:53:45 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 scale problem. runs fine manually, scale changes drasticly...  (Read 7509 times)

I am running Mach3 on a wood router that i built. The driver board is xylotex and I am running a slaved A axis A-slaved-to-Y.

When I run any of the axis manually I can change the steps per rev till I get an accurate linear travel in the axis.

For some reason when I run a Gcode program or a wizard the part that is cut is vastly larger than the gcode or wizard says it will be.

I have changed the motor tuning a dozen times, saved it, restarted mach3 etc... I cant get both the manual jogging to be accurate and the Gcode/wizzards at the same time.

Any suggestions/ideas/help would be awesome!!

Thanks,
Nate.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 scale problem. runs fine manually, scale changes drasticly...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 03:43:37 PM »
Do you have the scaling at the side of each axis set to anything other than 1?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 04:19:28 PM »
all set to 1. any other ideas?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »
OK so just to be clear, you set up the steps per etc and get your motors right. Now if you zero the X DRO and jog with the keyboard approx 25mm orĀ  1inch and measure it the measurement and the DRO are consistent. Is that correct?
 Now if you again zero the DRO and then go to MDI screen and type in G0 X25 (G0 X1 if in inches) and press enter what happens? Does the DRO read 25mm (or 1 inch) but the measurement is much more?

Hood
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:55:17 PM by Hood »

vmax549

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »
Ar you programming in meteric and the machine is set up in inches????

(;-) TP