Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:38:42 AM

Author Topic: Is there a tutorial for just the most basic operation?  (Read 3789 times)

Is there a tutorial for just the most basic operation?
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:43:03 AM »
Is there a tutorial, or lesson, or manual for just the most basic steps? I would like to learn to draw a square in Corel, and then import it into LazyCam, add the layers and whatever else I need to do, and then convert it into a .tap file into Mach 3.

From what I have been able to read so far, I have drawn the square, imported to LC, and thought I added the layers, sent it to Mach 3 as a .tap file, and ran it on this computer (without the mill) and it traced the outline, and I saw the Z move.. but it didn't do what I needed, I think it even went up instead of down... but I was thrilled to get that far.  If I could just learn the basic steps maybe I could get something to work.

Thanks in advance

Larry

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a tutorial for just the most basic operation?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 01:44:04 PM »
larry

sounds like you did pretty good.you got something through the process.
    their are some l-cam video tutorials that you can view they are not up to date but you get to see what the features do.look under the tutorial section of the forum.
    for corel i don't their is much here.

bill

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 01:58:48 PM »
I  imported from Corel as a .WMF and it came through fine. The only thing there is that when I draw a simple 2" x 1" rectangle it comes through as something akin to 2,000 inches, so I have to re-set the scale and dimensions in LazyCam. Then I export it to Mach 3 as a .tap 

I will go through the videos again, I was just wishing that there was a simple example of the steps in order, as that would really give me the info that I need.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 03:06:26 PM »
Hi, Larry

LazyCam uses "units", Are you sure it's not 2.0000 rather than 2,0000.0000, LC  displays down to 1 ten-thousand of a unit, .0001 unit.

If this isn't it, Post your dxf, I've used Corel just a little, Seem to rember some scalling issue with it's dxf's.

If you want neg - in your cut you need to put a - in your values.

Hope this Helps, Chip