Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:55:50 AM

Author Topic: What are the limitations of Mach 3?  (Read 5477 times)

What are the limitations of Mach 3?
« on: March 12, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
What are the limitations of Mach 3?

I did have Mach 3 on my plasma table but have since sold the machine.  How does Mach 3 compare to other controllers on the market, compared to say Centroid or Ajax cnc, or any other controller?

How many businesses or companys use Mach3 as a controller?  Or more so how many companys that make cnc retrofits for mills, lathes and small cutting tables (router, plasma oxyfuel) use Mach3.

Peter

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
Re: What are the limitations of Mach 3?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 07:12:19 PM »
Mach3 kicks ass! Better than most if not all generic controllers. That includes Burny phantom! Yep, Chris Desmond might want to sue me for saying it!
And then we get to the price, that makes it even better. The limitations of Mach3 ussually lies with the system integrator....... :D

Whacko
Nothing's impossible

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:15:48 PM »
it will not word process very well  ;)

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 09:19:33 PM »
My one complaint; Doesn't make very good coffee. Maybe I just set something up wrong...

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 10:20:05 PM »
Yeah, you definitely got something set wrong. Mine makes a perfect cup of brew every time. I think it's set in Tea mode by default. Go to  CONFIG>GENERAL CONFIG and switch it to coffee. Set the strength to your taste as well. There used to be a macro around here somewhere that would switch from Tea/100% to to coffee/50% halfway through the brew cycle. Was called the "toffea" macro if memory serves correct. Enjoy!
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 02:07:49 PM »
Wow Sam, You hit the nail on the head.. That exactly what I did wrong ;)

(Good Photochop btw)