Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:30:50 AM

Author Topic: Fanuc problems.  (Read 5156 times)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Fanuc problems.
« on: March 12, 2008, 02:35:28 AM »
Thought I might be able to get some advise on troubleshooting a machining center thats just been sitting idle in the shop for 4 years. I have seen it run previously, and if memory serves correct, the travel limit was possibly exceeded, and the error began at that time. The error that is displayed states "Y pulsecoder disconnect". Nothing has been physically disconnected. What would give this error other than disconnecting the cable? I have not taken anything apart on the motor yet to inspect it. If the machine had hard-stopped, would a power surge cause something to go bad, and result in this error? Maybe the limit switches were not functioning, I don't know, nor do I know that the limits were in fact exceeded. The magnascale also indicates a problem with an error LED, but on the X axis. Any advise on troubleshooting this is greatly appreciated.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,671 2,671
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Fanuc problems.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
Are the motors red or yellow caps, what is the control, 6,11, 18M ?

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:14:43 PM »
Motors are yellow caps, 11M control.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 04:22:45 PM »
Hi Sam, Just wondering if you got your Fanuc problem solved. I have the same problem on a machine with Fanuc 6M.

John.

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 06:59:15 PM »
sorry, no.