Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:08:37 PM

Author Topic: Work Offset Code Generator  (Read 3596 times)

Work Offset Code Generator
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:08:13 PM »
I have been using work offsets to help me when using multiple vises.  This works great in Mach3 and with subprograms its even greater.

The downside is that if I need to change tools say 5 times on the part, then each vise or work offset that I use is 5 more of the same tools changes. (3 work offsets is 15 tool changes)   I wanted a way to change the tool, then work that tool on each of the offsets before going onto the tool change (3 work offsets and only 5 tool changes just like in the original NC program)

So I have created a simple tool that reads in a NC file and looks for tool changes, then inserts the work offset G Codes for each tool.   This keeps tools changes to the same number as before while working each of the desired work offsets.

This is also handy when you have a NC file today, but tomorrow you want to use 2 or 3 vises for the same part.

Its not perfect, but it works.  I have attached all the Visual C++ project files needed if you want download and build/modify it to your needs.  Or you can try the EXE file.

Thanks,
JH
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:19:49 PM by JHChoppers »
Re: Work Offset Code Generator
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 04:16:57 PM »
Update to the workoffset program.  Its now supports more Work Offsets

Thanks,
JH
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:20:10 PM by JHChoppers »