Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:14:45 PM

Author Topic: Change "TAB" Hotkey  (Read 9584 times)

Re: Change "TAB" Hotkey
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 05:20:43 PM »
I went with the "Invisible buttons" route.  Didn't want to clutter the screen any more than I had to.
Thanx guys.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 12:20:04 PM »
You use screen4, it may be in your Mach folder, if not its available on the downloads page. Its a great wee addition, lets you alter the standard screenset or even make up your own like many of us have done, see here http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/screens.htm
 I have added the button to this screen, its placed offscreen so you wont see it but it should work fine when you press the . key
Download the attached screenset and save it in your Mach 3 folder, then when you open Mach go to the View menu the load screen and browse to Mach3 folder and choose it.

Hood

Hood, you created a TAB1024.SET screen set some time ago. I loaded it in SCREEN4 so I could see how you programmed the button, but could not get it to open. Any ideas?

Between you and JohhnyD that solution helps me with my touch screen. I wanted a button to flyout the Jog panel to use with my touchscreen and that did it. Since I am using the Shuttle Xpress, it would be nice to have the jog increment on the main screen. So I'm trying to figure out how to use Screen4 efficiently so I can do that.

Hood, thanks for being so supportive and helpful to other users all these years.
Marty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 02:24:50 PM »
Just answered in your other post.
Also just downloaded the afore mentioned screenset and opened it with Screen4 no problem.

Hood
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 02:44:48 PM »
Thanks Hood. Unsure what the issue was. But seems to be working now. I need to watch the SCREEN4 video again.
Building my first screen set. Frustrating is when I want to select an object on the screen work area, it just puts down whatever object to place was selected prior. Trying to figure out how to turn off placing objects so I can drag around objects on the screen.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 02:47:32 PM »
Use the None button at the left.
Hood
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »
Hood, when I click NONE I can't seem to select any of the buttons on the screen to move them around?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »
Not sure why that is, no problem here.
Could it be the image is blocking you from doing that? Shouldnt be but if you click the Img icon at the top it will remove the image so you can see.

Hood