Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:52:57 AM

Author Topic: Restart after feed hold?  (Read 3266 times)

Restart after feed hold?
« on: March 02, 2008, 02:14:12 AM »
So... I just got all 3 axis connected and running on my Mach3 converted 500mm x 300mm router. Trying some test cuts now. I have a question about feed hold.

Say want to pause a job to inspect the workpiece or to vacuum out the renshape cuttings, or just to stop it from cutting all night. It'd be nice if this happened:

goto safe z
  stop spindle
  goto predefined position (to make room for vacuum cleaner)

then when I want to restart

goto previous XY
  start spindle
  resume cutting

Is there any way I can make the feed-hold button automatically do this (and possibly add a resume button to bypass the preparational move dialog you get when cycle-starting)

I guess I've got used to the way my old Roland MDX-20 behaves. If you lift the safety cover it'll stop the spindle and goto safe Z, then you can press the "view" button and it'll goto home (which is x=200 y=150 so you can see what's been happening), pressing view again sends it to 0,0,0 and putting the safety cover back on resumes cutting from wherever it stopped.

PS Test cut 1 succeeded (a back panel for the router with 2x parallel port holes to mount the breakout board and a relay board). Test cut 2 (coarse roughing of renshape) failed due to catastrophic double sided tape failure...
PPS default soft limit zone of 1 is a bit small for metric units :)

--

Jon

Re: Restart after feed hold?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:30:32 AM »
Hello Jon,
Here is an interesting thread similar to your situation.   http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,5655.0.html
Have a look if you haven't already.
Regards,
RC
Re: Restart after feed hold?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »
Thanks for the link - that should help.