Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:42:52 AM

Author Topic: Problems with Mach3  (Read 31529 times)

Problems with Mach3
« on: March 01, 2008, 03:22:06 PM »
We recently purchased a used CNC and controller. The person who sold us the machine demonstrated with their own computer that the machine works fine. However once we installed Mach3 on on computer we have not been able to get the machine running. We are using the exact same profile/settings the previous owner used. All seems fine on screen, but the machine will not move. We've tried installing Mach3 on several other computers including Pentium II, III and IV, all with built-in parallel ports. Since that what not working we figured maybe not enough voltage to the parallel port, so we installed PCI parallel port that supports 5volts, but with no luck. We have compare he original owner computer settings to our computers and all seems to be the same. With one of computers we were able at same point (when we first start running Mach3) to have the motors turning one step, but would then not move any more. We are totally frustrated, as we know the machine works fine, but we haven't been able to get it working with one of our computers. As anyone else experience the same issues?

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Mach3
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »
The usual simple solution is the parallel port address, which is unlikely to be the same on your new PC's. Catches me every time.

Tony

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:22:26 PM »
Hi, Chico

Another one that's easy to miss is config, ports/pins, Motor Outputs, Step/Dir Port assignment to port 1.

May be It, Chip
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:03:57 PM »
I checked the new parallel port address and have it configured in Mach3, I also made sure he settings in ports/pins are to port 1 ... but still no luck.
It's been over 3 weeks since we got this machine, and we have yet been able to get working.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,667 2,667
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 03:05:02 AM »
Hi Chico,

post some pictures of the machine and the control so we can get some idea of what is needed to get you going.

Post your .XML file so we can check that too.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:42:35 AM »
Here are some photos fo what I have on Mach3
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 12:44:16 AM »
More photos of Mach3
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 12:48:35 AM »
photos of the machine/controller
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 12:50:08 AM »
My XML file
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 03:43:19 AM »
hi im new to MACH 3  controller users , i neet to knoe if i purchase the controller for plasma & oxy cutting machine i can directly use the controller or i need to do any modifications in contriller ?
and what are the modifications need to be done ,step by step procedures ,please