Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 11:27:35 PM

Author Topic: using notebook with mach3  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: using notebook with mach3
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »
I have never seen this problem before and I have used Mach for maybe 3 or 4 yrs now, also I always use they keys you want to use as my keyboards are mini flexible type similar in layout to a laptop.
 As an experiment could you set your keyboard to English (United Kingdom) in Control Panel > Regional Settings.
 Failing that can you attach your xml file and screenset. If you zip them and attach them it should be accepted by the forum.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 02:14:57 PM »
Because my problem with my compaq is unsolveble can somebody tell me which laptop to use so I can buy one (secondhand) where the numeric keys are working (see the problems I have above).
Fill in DRO's in mach3 with the numerical keys (the row under the functionkeys).

Greatings                                      Bart bruyninckx

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 02:48:55 PM »
Please attach your xml and screenset, there must be a reason you cant use the numbers to enter into the DRO, especially as it happens on both a desktop and your laptop. This is not normal and maybe I can find the problem within your xml or screenset, as it is happening on both computers getting another laptop is unlikely to solve your problem and will just be a waste of money.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »
Thank you very much Hood, the problem is solved by turning the keyboard to English. I tried it before with other ones but not the UK one. I think the problem is with my keyboard settings, that you have to push the shift-key and then a numerical key to put data in the mach3 DRO-field. So thanks again for the tip,

greatings         Bart Bruyninckx