Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:23:32 AM

Author Topic: 2D cutting travel not smooth Jerky movements ???  (Read 4757 times)

Offline maxy

•  21 21
    • View Profile
2D cutting travel not smooth Jerky movements ???
« on: February 27, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Finally have the CNC machine running on Mach3, what i cant seem to understand is the machine is a servo system, and with the old controller it ran finishing passes super smooth in the movement of the gantry. Now what i have noticed is that it's movement are very choppy ?? and the machine runs a WHOLE lot slower ??

Why is that ???

I have the configuration set to look ahead 20 lines, i tried running it looking ahead 1 line but that made no difference.

Thank you
Jmaxy

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: 2D cutting travel not smooth Jerky movements ???
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 04:59:48 PM »
Do you have CV mode selected, if not that will smooth things out.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline maxy

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:42:36 PM »
I do have the CV mode selected but the motion is running like segmented lines....it take forever to machine any 2d items....any other ideas ??

Jmaxy

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 03:43:54 AM »
Was the g-code generated from a Corel Draw file?

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline maxy

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 12:58:23 AM »
We solved it finally, but have switched to Mach2, as we have noticed a new problem when cutting 2D files, the Z goes lower than the actual surface and it's random, we know the bits not falling out, we know that the Z is not dropping, and the Z DRO is a correct reading, and the file it's self is 100% as we have run it on our other machines...they are not running Mach.

We are suspecting Mach may have an error in the coding ? not sure at this point...real frusterating as it has stopped us from machine the customers items for 3 days now...so we are trying Mach2 to see what transpires, if it all goes well then the culpert may be Mach 3....

Jmaxy

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 09:51:49 AM »
We are suspecting Mach may have an error in the coding ?

You need to stop and consider that while most SW will have a bug or two, the problem is most likely your configuration. Mach 3 is a great improvement over Mach 2, going backwards is not likely to improve your situation.

To shake down machine problems you need to start with very simple programs that just cycle the axis. Make sure you get everything configured properly and then dry run some larger programs.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt