Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:33:54 AM

Author Topic: Time In and machine will not move.  (Read 3768 times)

Time In and machine will not move.
« on: February 23, 2008, 08:36:22 PM »
Please explain the "Time In int" function?  What does it mean?  My machine will not move but dro's are showing values changing.  My Time in Int reads 20-24.
On another computer it is between 9-10 and axis move and everything is working.  The computer that it works on is owned by the person that sold us the controller.  Checked all computer settings and between the two computers and everything is the same.
Voltage reading is twice as high on the step pin as on the computer that works.

Please help, as we have been trying for a week with no success.

Thank you,
Alex

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Time In and machine will not move.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »
Make sure you have the correct port address set in Ports and Pins, possible that yours is a different address from the one that is set in Mach.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:23:06 PM »
Both computers are 0x378.  We have tried 4 different computers and still nothing moves.  We went through the entire process of installing the software and rebooting and still no movement.  The computer I use for my servo controller and the stepper controller moves all axis and works fine.  Unfortunately the computers that they have tried do not move the axis.  We went through the checklist for windows setup and still no movement.  They are using the same XML file that I used on my computer.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 09:26:42 PM »
Also the limit and home switches work fine on all computers so the port address must be correct.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 09:32:50 PM »
Take your cable off from the breakout board and put a voltemeter between the Dir pin and ground and jog one way then the other and see if the voltage changes from 5 to 0v. If it does then go direct to the port and see.
 You will probably have to change the active state of your E-Stop and disable your limits or when you remove the cable you will not be able to reset.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 10:03:22 PM »
I have no break out board as this is an old Techno stepper controller I converted to run on mach.  Regardless I will check between the drives and the port tomorrow when I go to the guys shop.  What will this tell me if I see other? I really appreciate your assistance in this matter.  Are there any other things we can check?

Thank you for your help,
Alex

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 03:49:05 AM »
If you see the voltage changing then you know the problem is hardware side, if you dont then its either cable, port or a setting. I have tried your xml here and  it seems to work fine so I am suspecting either a bad cable or bad port. You say however that it works fine with one computer but several others dont so that may not be the problem.
Another thing to do is run the DriverTest.exe and see if that runs ok and with a fairly smooth line.
Hood