Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 08:15:13 AM

Author Topic: Multiple Pockets  (Read 2953 times)

Multiple Pockets
« on: February 23, 2008, 11:35:40 AM »
Hello LazyCammers,
The attached DXF cleans up well and shows the 7 spoke holes as closed chains but when selected to pocket, 3 will pocket but the other 4 will not.
Can you see anything that I'm missing ?
Thanks,
RC
Re: Multiple Pockets
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:34:40 AM »
I run into this myself all the time. Why does it do it? I don't know. How can you fix it? I tried your DXF file and got the same results as you did. I have some suggestions. 1) If you don't mind a little extra cutting time then just keep offsetting the internal offset on the holes that did not pocket. You can minimize the extra time by setting the rapid z height to just above the material, say 1/8 of inch, 2) it could be that there is something different in the drawing about the 4 that won't pocket. In that case, I'd look at the drawing carefully. Did you use the CAD feature like radial copy when making the spokes? Many times I've copied something that would pocket and used that replace something that wouldn't even when the drawing was perfect. 3) When you first import the drawing, optimize it and optimize every step of the way...

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:08:05 AM »
RC, I tried your dxf and while I've also had problems with LZCam, this one didn't seem to be a problem at all. I've gone back to Rev. 2.61 so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm including a screen shot and my connection tolerance is :  Connection Tol.:0.001000 units

I did not use single/multiple, I just picked each pocket one at a time-

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:27:51 AM »
Hey ergoman, I end up doing just as you describe...offset, offset, offset.
I did just draw the 1 profile at 12 o'clock then used the polar array to do the rest. Why some are OK and some not is strange to me.

budman, I tried single and multiple to select the chains...no difference here.
My conn. tol. is at .010

I'll redraw it and try again later.
Thanks Guys,
RC