Hello Guest it is May 20, 2019, 07:03:34 AM

Author Topic: A million dollars to the person that can help me.  (Read 6045 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,057 2,057
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: A million dollars to the person that can help me.
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 07:05:14 PM »
Hi, Barry

Give us a list of the boards/cards your using.

Thanks, Chip
Re: A million dollars and board specs
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
Hi

The breakout board is bob campbells version 1.8 ...I believe. And also a sound logic
encoder interface board sold by rogers machine. Both boards require a parallel port
cable. The Geckos are G320 and they run on a 53 volt supply. The encoders are E2
250 line US Digital devices.

Offline Chip

•  2,057 2,057
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »
Hi, Barry

May have a bad xml file.

Look in C:\Mach3\xmlbackups folder, It has backup xml's, Sort it by Date, Make a copy of the one that is just before the date you started having trouble.

Past it in C:\Mach3\ folder, Then re name it th Mach3Test.xml and load it, Give it a try.

With the boards your using there are a lot of special settings, It's probably the encoder interface board's settings your missing.

Thanks, Chip

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:12:16 PM by Chip »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  1,853 1,853
  • West Yorkshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 03:06:23 AM »
Are you using 2 parallel ports, if so, is the second one configured for just inputs?

Graham.
America gave us powered flight, England the steam train and Germany the car.  Who invented the first boat?
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 06:57:14 AM »
One parallel  port controls the breakout board and the other controls the encoder interface card

Barry
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 05:14:45 PM »
I tried a older xml . I still have the same runaway condition.

Hi, Barry

May have a bad xml file.

Look in C:\Mach3\xmlbackups folder, It has backup xml's, Sort it by Date, Make a copy of the one that is just before the date you started having trouble.

Past it in C:\Mach3\ folder, Then re name it th Mach3Test.xml and load it, Give it a try.

With the boards your using there are a lot of special settings, It's probably the encoder interface board's settings your missing.

Thanks, Chip