Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:08:58 PM

Author Topic: Missing Steps  (Read 19288 times)

Re: Missing Steps
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 12:32:49 PM »
Good, Glad to hear that you are getting the problem fixed!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 04:09:29 PM »
Hello,  Mind if I piggieback on your thread?  I am having the same problem with Mach3.  I am a newbie to the whole CNC scene.  I got a used K2 about 6 months ago.  It came with DOS CNCZEUS.  I bought the Mach licensce a couple months ago.  So I am up and running perfectly with Mach2.  The problem that I have with Mach3 is that after running it for about 5 minutes it starts loosing steps and gets progressively worse until there is little movement at all from the axises.  Return it to Zero and it is way off.  I bought new Nema motors thinking that that was the the problem but had the same results until I switched to Mach2.  I'll go through some of the above suggestions and see if changing the pulse with helps out in my situation.  But Danny, if you have solved your issue, I'd like to hear about the results.  Thanks.
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 05:56:39 PM »
Hi Chris,
The company that supplied my control unit(three 452 in/oz motors, three gecko drivers, power supply,cables, etc.(Camtronics) is sending me a parallel port booster.  Maybe I'll get it before the weekend. As soon as I get it I will install and let you know if it fixes it.

Danny
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 11:38:13 PM »
Danny,  That would be cool if yoiu could let me know your results.  Did you try running Mach2 and if so did you have any problems with it or is it just a Mach3 problem?
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 10:06:23 AM »
To see my machine go here... Over there I'm "sprintfan"
http://www.cnczone.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/505
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 12:13:29 PM »
The Parallel port booster Camtromics sent me fixed all of my problems! Just got done cutting a circular pocket with islands that needed to be concentric and to size and they were perfect! What out for new computers.They are dropping the output voltages
down to 3.5 volts. Thanks Brian for helping. ;D
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 03:04:33 PM »
Danny,  Thats great to hear that you have fixed your problems.  You'll probably be busy cutting stuff for several days now.   I checked out your pictures on CNC zone and the machine looks great!  I'd like to see some things that you make on it as well,  What are you planning to make with it?   -----  Did you ever try running Mach2?  I suspect that my problems are software based because I run just fine in Mach2 but in Mach3 it takes about 5 minutes of running a program before it starts loosing steps and then get progressively worse.  I haven't had time yet to play with any adjustments in the perameters.  I like the layout of Mach3 better but since Mach2 works good....  I am so busy using the machine that I am just using Mach2 for now.  Maybe I can play with Mach3 this weekend. 
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 10:07:11 PM »
If there is anything that I can do to help :)  I am here
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 01:53:30 AM »
Brian,  Thanks!  and I will probably be asking you some questions soon.  I'll be doing some experimenting with the settings that you mentioned above this weekend.  But for now, is it logical to think that since everything runs well in Mach2 that my problems in Mach3 are caused by some wrong setting?  -----  I actually have 30 minutes to spare right now,  I'm going to go see what I can figure out.
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 02:28:12 AM »
Brian,  you are talking about the step pules and dir pulse in the motor tuning settings right?  Mine were both set to zero and I changed them both to 5.  I am running a test now.  Also my machine has Nema stepper motors,  Since I can set the maximum travel rate, is there a danger of over running them and burning them out?  I have them set to:  Steps per 10000 / In's per 80 / accel 5 / and now both pulses at 5.