Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:20:56 PM

Author Topic: MPG mode type selector toggle brain  (Read 12431 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
MPG mode type selector toggle brain
« on: February 20, 2008, 09:34:50 AM »
shorty,

Here is the Brain, you will need to tick Persistant DROS under general if you want mach to remember its state between shutdowns.
You press INPUT4 it will toggle between volocity, and Multistep.

scott
fun times
Re: MPG mode type selector toggle brain
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 06:22:01 PM »
Hi,

I've just tried your brain, and it won't reset the oemdro back to zero on my machine.

Not sure if I'm missing something?

Cheers

Gary

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 09:06:21 PM »
Scott, is there a way to keep jog on the MPG1 until an arrow key is pressed and the when it is released its back to mpg mode? Tried it with simple scripting and it locked jog on a key press when using "dooembutton (jogkey)" in a script. Since I see this is very close to what I am asking I would post it here.

Thanks,
Wes

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 12:05:37 AM »
Scott, is there a way to keep jog on the MPG1 until an arrow key is pressed and the when it is released its back to mpg mode? Tried it with simple scripting and it locked jog on a key press when using "dooembutton (jogkey)" in a script. Since I see this is very close to what I am asking I would post it here.
Thanks,
Wes

Wes,

I don't think you can do what you want directly..... I dont thing Cypress Enable has a way for you to get "KeyDown" and "KeyUp" events from the keyboard, if it did, you could use VB.  In a screen set, you can tie a button to a Key press, but this is only for a single shot KeyDown (press event), it doesnt throw a key released.
so if you used that method, it would not work right eigther I dont think. Brains also, does not have any key watch functions..... so no joy there......

You could do it with Hardware, i.e. Pokeys, ModIO, modbus boards, (modbus devices), shuttle pro.....and otehr devices that would bring in hardware Discrete Inputs.
i.e. if you had a PoKeys, on of its pins would represent some + or - dir of some axis, when you press it, it would jog that way, when released it would stop, in mach you could watch a ULED that would be tied to that pin, and if that ULED is on, (0r any of the cont external hardwaer jog pins), it would flip mach to cont jog type, when released, then MPG mode back again.......

Last two options would be:

1). A plugin, since C++ can grab key events.
2). A flash screen, since it has key listeners.

Others may have other opions, that do more VB than me, I just dont see the kind of power you want, in cypress enable. Standard VB yes...

sorry,

scott

fun times

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 12:12:34 AM »
Yeah I made it work in flash just fine. I just have issue on a couple of computers with flash screens being very slow. I was hoping to do it with a standard screenset. My biggest issue with using other hardware its for a touchscreen interface.

Thank you for the help,

Wes

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 10:53:10 AM »
if your running a flash scxreen, make sure ypur publishing in Flash Player 8 format, and AS2......

ALSO!!!!!  Make sure your not running a Flash player PAST newer than "Flash Player 9"!!!  if you are, it will slow things down.....
look in the flash screens area, and Jason, or me, can't remember put a download for FP9.

scott
fun times

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 11:27:58 AM »
Scott,

I will give that a shot. I use Flash CS4 and have been saving the files in the default for that version. Also i thing its false player 10. Computer that's running Mach is a P4 2.4 ghz w/ 1 gig of ram. I am running twin PP on it 25000 Hz. I figured it should be enough to run a 2 axis lathe with a flash screen. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Wes

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 06:57:13 PM »
I use CS4 here as well, you will need to compile to flash 8, and only run player 9 on your comp. REMOVE player 10!!
I usually run in CS3 mode as well......

also, on this very site, I posted up a long time ago, a Mach3 Lathe OEM screen, (redone in flash), complete with source code. You can down load that, and use it as your base to mod your own lathe screen....

Scott
fun times
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »
I tried the brain in this discussion and it didn't work.... I came up with a simple toggle brain that works for me. I have a 4 axis MPG but my machine is 3 axis. I want to be able to switch the MPG from Velocity mode to Step mode using the 4th axis switch since it is unused. The brain looks at the state of the Velocity and Step LED's and decides which mode button to push based on their state. These LEDs are not in the drop down list but if you just type in the number in the dialog box, the brain editor takes them and they seem to work!