Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:28:48 PM

Author Topic: plasma floating z zero offset  (Read 6192 times)

plasma floating z zero offset
« on: May 02, 2006, 05:56:20 PM »
I don't know where exactly to put in the z offset to account for the floating head offset it's .065 I know to goto config.-homing/limits but I don't know which line to put it in. I'm cutting a tear shaped part out of 3/8" steel with a 3/4 hole in the center when it cuts the hole it dives the torch into the metal but it cuts the outer pretty good. I don't have any offset in the program I'm using sheetcam with the proper pierice height them after pierice it dives into the metal for the whole circle then it adjusts quickly to cut the outer. Am I doing something wrong? other than the z offset. Thanks.

Re: plasma floating z zero offset
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 06:39:17 PM »
You should put it in here... under the home off in the Z
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »
So this should be a positive .065 or a neg. -.065 to lift it off the metal. Thanks.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:50:02 PM »
Positive I think...

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 01:23:28 AM »
I did that and it still does'nt work. still dives into the metal cutting out the 3/4 hole. I'm cutting the hole at 10 ipm and the rest of the part at 41 ipm 3/8" thick steel. is that the diff? should I be cutting the hole out faster? I'll try that next.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 06:11:15 AM »
Are you running a THC?

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 12:08:54 AM »
Yes I'm running a THC cand cnc I switched from the machine shield PN# 120930 that conceals the nozzle to a deflector shield that exposes the nozzle and that works perfect It's a hypertherm 1000 plasma. I tried putting the offset in Mach 3 and it did
nt work and I was told to put it in sheetcam when I generate the g-code. which shield are you to use?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 06:57:17 AM »
I think I see the problem... the home Offset is NOT going to move the axis. It is going to tell the Axis how far from the switch it is. If you are looking to have the torch find the place you can use a G28.1 (I think). Is there anything like that coming out of sheet cam?

www.machsupport.com