Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 08:40:45 AM

Author Topic: FEED SPEED OVER RIDE PROBLEM (FRO%)  (Read 4503 times)

FEED SPEED OVER RIDE PROBLEM (FRO%)
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:15:16 PM »
im having problems with my updated version of mach 3. i use to be able to increase the speeds of the router past the programed speeds set in the g code. i use sheet cam to program my sheets. i set me feed rates lower than maximum speeds that the router can handle to make sure the program starts properly. now that i have the latest version of mach 3 i can't go over 100% feed rate on the router. is there something i can do to change this so i can get my feed rates higher. every time i stat up mach 3 it is set at 100%. i like to have it there so i can manually adjust the feed rates as the sheets are being cut. this problem has casued me alot of extra programing because i have to adjust the feed rates for each cut. the ones that are thinner can be cut alot faster and with out the feed rate over ride working properly i cant increase the feed rates and the sheets are taking about 2 hrs longer to cut out.
how can this be changed? do i need to go back to the older version of mach 3?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 11:18:57 PM by spazz »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: FEED SPEED OVER RIDE PROBLEM (FRO%)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:24:54 PM »
Spazz, ac ouple of changes have been made pertaining to FRO and ROR. You should be able to go to 300% or more if youd like. Post a screen shot of the slider you are using to adjust FRO. Is this a custom screen of yours or the Mach default?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:43:01 PM »
it is the standard default screen that comes with mach 3. i dont change any of that stuff. i never had the time to look into different screens.
what is weard is that i can go below 100% and that work fine. i just cant go over 100% for the feed rate. it is really frustrating. i have over 30 sheets of material to cut by friday and the frrd rates are killling my production.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 11:46:02 PM by spazz »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 05:14:23 AM »
What version are you using? I think the lockdown has the FRO locked to 100 or under. The Dev one can go as high as 300 and the Rapid can be fixed to 100 or lowered right down. Although I and many others are using the Dev version be aware that it is development so there may be problems with it.
Hood