Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:58:57 AM

Author Topic: How to use Exellon PCB routing file into MACH  (Read 9127 times)

How to use Exellon PCB routing file into MACH
« on: February 18, 2008, 02:28:46 AM »
Dear All

Can anybody tell me that how to use Exellon PCB drill and routing file into MACH.

Thanks

sanlee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How to use Exellon PCB routing file into MACH
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 02:58:03 AM »
What is the file extension? Have you tried opening it from Mach? Can you attach a sample file for everyone to see?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 03:09:09 AM »
Yes Hood

Just see the file as attached.

thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 03:13:10 AM »
The 4ch4c01.txt is drilling file while Test-R is routing file. i have tried it to open into MACH but it does not respond. Also in drilling file only X and Y co-ordinates are given for Z nothing is there. so it means after every X or Y or both motion z has to come down for specific depth. am i correct?

Sanlee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 04:48:00 AM »
Just loaded your files into Mach and they dont really make sense, the X and Y coords are huge, definitely not PCB sized ;) If I comment out the 3 to 6 line with () I can load the drilling file and it looks like it may be about right except for the sizing.
 Maybe you could try and save your drawing as a DXF and open in lazyCam and see if you can get the code that way.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 07:10:11 AM »
Hood

Actually i think these all cord are in mil hence it is having without decimal. and 2nd thing is i dont have the original file. i have only these drilling and routing file only. hence i have to check whether is it possible by MACH to route this file or not. If MACH can do this then it would be wonderful in PCB industries.

Thanks
Sanlee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 07:50:33 AM »
Sanlee
 I work in mm all the time as I am from the UK however it must be a mighty big PCB as for example one move is to Y506, the next Y move is Y5695 thats a 5,189mm move or in inches 204".
 As you said there are no Z moves in this, also its not normal style G Code, no G1 moves etc.
 Do you have a link to their website so that maybe I can have a look to see how this works.
Hood

EDIT
 Just did a google and came up with this, might work out for you
http://talkaboutelectronicequipment.com/group/sci.electronics.cad/messages/69205.html

vmax549

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:26:39 PM »
I think what you need is here.  http://hans-w.com/download.htm    It is a free convertor to convert the ecellon files to a gcode file.

(;-) TP
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 04:35:15 AM »
Thankyou both of you

As i have checked that Exellon to G-code converter for drilling file, there is nothing about Z. and all cord are divided by 1000 to convert into inch from the mil. in exellon file they never give Z as Z has to move fixed down to drill. so after every X and Y motion Z will come down hence in exellon formate i think they have not given but internally they may be give signal to Z. i dont have any link but you can see the Exellon machine on website: www.excellon.com. if further you can help me then it would be great for me.

Thanks

Sanlee

vmax549

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 02:04:21 PM »
SANLEE, I just converted your drill example using the convertor and it seems to a fine job??? I am not sure what more you are looking for. It adds in the z depth control as part of the conversion.

?????  (;-) TP