Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:42:52 PM

Author Topic: DRO help  (Read 4645 times)

DRO help
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:37:20 AM »
Hi, I'm working on my first mill screen in mach3. I'd like to have postion dro's, no problem. plus i'm trying to make persistant distance to dro's, and next move or buffer dro's. i can't seem to get these to work. any help would be great. thanks Dave.
Re: DRO help
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 08:17:12 AM »
Ok first of all let apologise for the huge pic! I forgot 2 scale it down. Second I got the persistant "to go" dro's to work. i was looking right @ the codes i needed on wiki & didn't see them, my bad. Still need any info on getting "next move" dro's. so here's what I got so far, any suggestions welcome.

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 03:58:01 PM »
Hey Dave,
Great looking screen!
The "To GO" DRO's will show the amount of distance the machine needs to travel to accomplish the current Gcode line. Which DRO you’re looking for a "Next move", is this the distance of the next move or the next line of Gcode?
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 09:22:08 AM »
Hey Zealous,
Thanx for the comps, it means alot coming from you, i've seen some of your work here & i like what you do. Infact I might have used some of your buttons on this screen! lol I'm really having a blast doing this screen, I think i like it as much as making parts. Getting anxious to do the lathe screen. I was just doing it for fun but I think i'd post them here if peaple like them enough.
and yes by "next move DRO's" i mean the amount the XYZ&4th axis will move on the next step. not sure if mach can do this, but i use it alot @ work. making proto types dosn't allow for any scrap.
Here's how far I got today.
thanx again
Dave