Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:31:51 AM

Author Topic: c10 bob  (Read 4177 times)

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
c10 bob
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:14:12 PM »
i do not know how i did it but while hooking up my limit switches i fried a cnc4pc c10 bob. i went to order a new 1 & it said they were out of stock. i emailed them to see when they would be in? they said they would be in on friday & they would ship on monday. i thought not too bad, so i ordered 1. in special instructions i told him [artoro duncan] that i had fried mine & if he could to ship it on friday i would appreciate it. i received it today. what can i say except thanks. what service. greg :) :) :) :)
Re: c10 bob
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 05:29:37 PM »
+1 on that.
Arturo Duncan is really helpfull and service after sales is excellent !
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »
Just a note on the c10 BOB. You can buy replacement Buffer chips if that is what fried. I think the chips are only about $5. Iordered a set to have on hand...Just in case!
Cutmore

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »
Yep, it's always good practice to have spare parts. I looked up part numbers for my electronics so I have spares on hand when I need them. I THINK digikey and newark have minimum orders, but if you have a glance through the magazine you can always find enough to triple the minimum order, at least. Solder, new iron tips, fuses for the geckos, zip ties, cable, cable ends, cable connector assortment, resistors, heat shrink tubing, flux, capacitors, flux capacitor, milk, bread, eggs and cheese. Thats only a small part of what you really didn't go there to buy in the first place. Also, keep in mind that most of the time, if you buy spare components from the same place you bought the original item from, you will pay a premium. I don't want to mention any names, but take for instance, say....a maker of hobby CNC unipolar stepper driver kits that use a SLA7062M driver chip. If you were to buy a replacement chip from them, it would have cost 15 clams plus another 7 for shipping. (NOTHING pee's in my cheerios more that inflated shipping charges...NOTHING!!!) Thats $22.00 for one chip. Hey, if he can get people to pay those prices, more power to him. I, however, being the tightwad that I am, done a bit of research, and had 10 chips delivered to my door for $44.00. Another helpful hint...Certain chips have a minimum chip amount per order. Take the time to get all the part numbers written down/typed up for the parts you need, and quantity of them you desire. Do not place your order online. Call the sales department. Be nice. Be extra nice. Ask how the kids are doing. Fine weather were having. Lots of rain, but we need it. Avoid politics and religion at all cost. Try not to mention things like ringworms, having the flu, hate your job, dog has fleas, etc... Do whatever it takes to recruit them to your side of the fence. Tell them what part number you want, but you just cant purchase 1000 of them without first buying a ski mask and making a bank withdrawal. They will usually try to help out if at all possible. This advise was not free. Being as it is that you have already read above mentioned text, and have no way of 'forgetting' it, there can be no refund. Please send payment of $15.00, plus $7.00 shipping/handling to me. If you wish to avoid shipping charges, I also accept paypal. Please send a one time low payment of $15.00 plus a small $7.00 processing fee. Thank you. Enjoy your cheerios.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."