Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 06:08:41 AM

Author Topic: Screen with soft keys?  (Read 6773 times)

Screen with soft keys?
« on: February 14, 2008, 09:45:40 PM »
Has anyone tried to do a screen with soft keys- Im thinking of mounting a flat screen in a cab with a row of physical buttons along one or more edges. The screens would have buttons placed right along these edges.

In particular, Id like to put some DROs along the edges, so a softkey could be set up as a hot key to activate the button.

What IM trying to get to is a mouseless display, but not a touch screen.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Screen with soft keys?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:16:01 PM »
Hey Ron, that is exaclty what my "Night Vision" Screens and controls do.

Scott
fun times

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
What about in either VB or flash store the value to a userDRO, and send the value to the DRO depending on which softkey button was pressed along the side...or store which softkey was pressed and on "Send value" send to that DRO.
Or they could use the "Tab" hotkey to scroll the different DRO's currently on the screen...
In Flash you would use watch and is farley simple to do. The softkeys along the side would be assigned to DRO's, this can also be per screen, and you could also use tab.

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »
In Flash you can make your own devices..I make applications to work with my softkeys for my phone...but this could also be used for any device...and configured however you want. This is included in Flash for hardware devices:
See picture
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
Someday I really want to learn this Flash stuff. For now Ill get this job done with screen4 and VB. DROs do respond to a hot key so if I arrange them so they line up with a button I can give the DRO focus and simply type in numbers.

I think we need to push for a good flash session at the CNC workshop- likely a days worth or more.

Offline Bodini

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 09:03:08 AM »
Hi Ron,

Have you watched Jasons videos on how to make a Flash screen?  Many hours of info there on just how to use Flash and Mach together.   Once you know how Flash and Mach partner, its just basic Flash.  And as for Flash its self, there are about a quadzillion how-to sites about the internet.

:)Nick
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 08:43:01 PM »
yeah, I watched many videos, and even talked to Jason on skype. I end up still missing something. Mostly I just havent spent the time to get through it all. Im also trying to use Sothink, since Im to cheap to buy real flash.