Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 03:50:10 AM

Author Topic: Need g-code help  (Read 4206 times)

Need g-code help
« on: May 01, 2006, 12:38:29 AM »
HI All, I'm looking for someone to help me convert some CAD files to g-code. I'm stuck at this stage of things and I haven't been able to find out the answers I need. Now I'm looking for someone to help me out. I have some pulleys that I'm planning on making and I need someone to take the CAD drawing and break it up into three operations (inner, outer, and back) for turning. If someone can help me out please let me know either here or email me at bigbigbear at shaw.ca

Thanks
Adam

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Re: Need g-code help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 09:48:32 PM »
Hi BB,have you an aversion to exporting your CAD files to .dxf files and putting that into MAch3? M3 does a really nice job most of the time importing a .dxf and generating the g-code. You can do the part in different layers and can selectively turn each layer in Mach3. Give it a try,sometimes for some complicated outlines it can be a real head scratching saver.-Keith

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:32:04 AM »
Was the code I did for you no good?

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:08:31 PM »
Kieth,
Thanks for the reply. I was actually having problems doing inner profiles and importing it directly from a dxf file was trying to make it run as an outer profile thus my problems. Graham has actually been a great help for me. He's been providing me with sample codes for me to learn from.  I haven't actually had a chance to run anything that Graham has given me because I blew up my power supply and was waiting for the new one to arrive.
Graham, I sent you a PM

Thanks
Adam